« Regardless of leaderboard, Hope Chrysler Classic very worth watching this weekendMichelle Wie: Don't let the hype get in the way of the facts »

Comment from: RonMon [Visitor]
There is a little-known law in Paraguay whereby only swarthy gentlemen of true medite-latino disposition (i.e., ma~nana) are allowed to practice the profession of golf. This is why Carlos and his four brothers are the only professionals in the entire country.

As far as an response to the following quote from your blog "that’s what I would love to be doing with my day (not to mention that I would be a little more interesting and engaging than Vijay if I were that good)," all that I can say is, ahh, youthful ignorance.
01/18/06 @ 22:32
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
No different for Tigger or Wie. Neither one played Saturday Or Sunday at the SONY. We had to listen to the 'common-taters' ramble on about BOTH of them.
01/19/06 @ 04:58
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
And I always thought James Brown was the hardest working man in show business.
01/19/06 @ 10:06
Comment from: Corey [Visitor]
Never been a fan of the range, I try and save it for the course. Confidence in your swing is key.
01/19/06 @ 11:14
Comment from: Under Par [Visitor]
Spencer,

Why would you think you'd be more interesting and engaging than Singh if you were that good when you're not more so now?
01/19/06 @ 16:58
Comment from: baldwin is a doushebag fanclub [Visitor]
Dont worry Spencer.... i cant for the life of me think why under par would try and defend boring old Vijay Singh(he's probably even older than him) Your writing sensibility shows me that you would be a colourful character on tour.
Please everyone!!!!!!!
Unite in your dislike for Singh!
The Carlos Franco attitude has always fascinated me. HE became my idol pretty early on. Unfortunately that was bad because i don’t have as much talent as he does. I'll have to do with 45 hours per week if im going to make it as a pro golfer.
01/21/06 @ 02:11
Comment from: Under Par [Visitor]
I like Singh because he had the sense to speak the truth and say that Sorenscam didn't belong in the Colonial. That's when I started being a fan of his.

A more interesting question is: why would you so passionately proclaim your dislike for someone merely because he's boring? Normal people simply ignore the boring; they don't dislike them.

Perhaps you have a deep-seated psychological problem.
01/21/06 @ 11:46
Comment from: baldwin is a doushebag fanclub [Visitor]
great judement! I do have deep-seated psychological problems, but at least people like me cause im not boring.
01/21/06 @ 13:54
Comment from: Under Par [Visitor]
Wackos usually aren't boring.
01/21/06 @ 16:03
Comment from: bob [Visitor]
you are an idiot. vijay singh is a great guy. he laughs all the time. you hardly ever see him on tv unless he is leading. i think the networks share your misplaced dislike for singh. i also highly doubt you would be more interesting the vijay if you could golf. there are many stories about vijay doing great things for people in need and new tour players. and what is up with the guy who has made carlos franco his "idol". probably time to grow up and get some sort of a clue. you should idolize no one in this world. you can admire someone but to idolize them makes you seem like a little girl cutting out pictures of the spice girls from a magazine. i highly doubt this doofus who wrote the article has ever met vijay singh. deal with that.
06/22/06 @ 19:45
Comment from: VG [Visitor]
Dear Specer,
I guess I wasted 5 min of my life by reading useless comments. If the commentator are commenting @ Vijay then what's the problem with Vijay? you should take the heat on the commentators not on Vijay.
Actually I hear more about the Tiger than Vijay if tiger is on the tour. why dont you care at that time?
I think people will get jeolous @ the practice routine.
I just want to remind you that we saw many time @ tiger's ad playing in the rain not matter what? Does he actually do it? Why did you care @ that time?

01/16/07 @ 14:29
Comment from: Mike [Visitor]
You are just jealous because you cant be Vijay Singh. And you cant be a millionth of a man he is.
01/18/07 @ 22:28
Comment from: Ras Judah [Visitor] Email
Vijay is a first class golfer and a first class person. He is humble, hard working, charitable, friendly, and exudes a spirit of joy and love for the game. I find it a sad indictment of our culture that these attributes are considered "boring." I guess Tiger Woods slinging his clubs and cursing frequently is more entertaining to some, but not to me. I think Vijay is undercovered by the networks and commentators because of his politically incorrect comments about Anika Sorenstam playing on tour. But I respect Vijay for having the courage to say what most others on tour also felt. Also, I think people who dislike Vijay are proably racists who think all minorities should speak, think, and act according to racist stereotypes. Vijay is a golf legend, and he is why I started to follow the game. We all know Tiger Woods is the best of all, but for me Vijay will always be number 1!!!!
08/03/08 @ 19:51
Comment from: MKV to iPad [Visitor] Email
***--
06/09/10 @ 01:23

This post has 4 feedbacks awaiting moderation...