« Honors continue for Monterey Peninsula's Bayonet and Black Horse golf coursesGolf is great, but spa treatments are special »

Comment from: Mike Bailey [Visitor] Email
That's funny stuff, Bruce.
12/13/09 @ 20:08
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
I almost spit my coffee when I read the 2nd line. Very funny!
12/14/09 @ 06:59
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Charles Barkley is such a moron that he shouldn't be allowed to do anything but dribble a basketball and, when he can no longer do that, dribble on his sweater.

I've had the same thoughts about Woods. He's just been chastened, so right now he feels motivated to expiate his sins, to do penance. But I suspect that he may feel differently in a few months. Either he and his wife will divorce (I hope not), in which case he'll have no impediments to returning to the tour, or they'll stay together, and in a few months he may talk his wife into traveling with him to a few events. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays at least the majors.

Whatever happens, I hope they can work things out. It's the best for all involved.
12/14/09 @ 15:30
Comment from: Dawn [Visitor] Email
I tend to think that the media and people in general have short memories. People love to watch him play golf and it won't be long before we'll all have pretty much forgotten what's happened.
12/15/09 @ 03:35
Comment from: John Hawkins [Visitor] Email
The woes of Tiger Woods will, no doubt, have an impact on television ratings and ticket sales. I very seldom watch golf on television anymore unless I record it. The number of commercial breaks are ridiculous. Why not follow the example of the Masters,i.e. limited commercial breaks and more actual coverage on the course. Perhaps viewers would stay tuned, regardless of the presence or absence of Tiger Woods
12/16/09 @ 07:10
Comment from: joe cool [Visitor] Email
Unfortunately Tiger is finding out the hard way that he really wasn't loved as much as he thought. I can not see a happy ending to this story. I think Elin will end the marriage and live in Sweden. I can not see Tiger returning to golf because his ego simply will not tolerate the backlash from the fans and PGA players. What is interesting is the fact that the mistresses that received money from him will have to declare that money to the IRS and probably will have to pay interest and penalties. Oh yes, forgot that none of them attended Harvard Business College!
12/16/09 @ 07:59
Comment from: joe cool [Visitor] Email
John,
You are correct about the commercials. I checked the Olympics in Los Angeles and 46 minutes out of 60 were for commercials. I always tape sporting events just for that reason.

The LPGA is even worse when they show three shots then go to six commercials.
12/16/09 @ 08:05
Comment from: dsimp [Visitor] Email
I, for one, am ready for a Tiger break. Now we can watch some great golf as well from plenty of other players. Is Tiger that great a persona ? I think not. He doesn't mingle with the fans. He is not approachable. He is in a big bubble. We need more personality on Tour. If only MY game were better ...
12/17/09 @ 21:17
Comment from: joe cool [Visitor] Email
I think that 2010 will see Tiger in divorce court most of the year. Elin has so much ammunition to work with that Tiger's empire will certainly come tumbling down. To think he spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on self gratification is very sad indeed. I really doubt that he will recover from this scandal. Already, Palmer has made a statement about his actions by taking him off his website. Should the rumors about possible juicing become fact, say goodbye to the Tiger legend.
12/19/09 @ 14:56