« Dawg Days in Athens, GeorgiaMy friend the Caddie »

Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
Did they show you how the first hole of Blackwolf Run changes for the Women's Open? It plays from a private tee, up a private fairway, to the elevated, tenth green of the Meadows Valley course. The Women's Open course is actually a composite of River and Meadows Valley. I could not agree with you more...my three days at Kohler in 2006 were far too few, far too brief (only 24 hours per day back then.)
09/09/07 @ 22:59
Comment from: Jumbo Melody [Visitor] Email
I concur Vagabond....lovely settings for fantastic golf! Waitch out for the sheep on the "Irish" course....they get u drunk with ther flasks of booze and try to make out with you!

Dam good kissers!

jm
09/10/07 @ 09:37
Comment from: brad [Visitor] Email
The Vagabond is right on...again. I can't wait for his new book about Dye's other jewels.
09/10/07 @ 10:08
Comment from: Joel Zuckerman [Member] Email
To Ron Mon:

Yes--I saw the hidden tee and dormant fairway---superb stuff!

To Jumbo Melody:

Insiders know that the sheep with bells on are "taken" by the farmers of the area...the rest of the flock is still single.

To Brad:

Yes--the Dye Book in progress promises to be a magnum opus. But in the meantime, my latest book, titled "A hacker's Humiliations," is brand-new this month. Please visit www.vagabondgolfer.com for more information, or just shoot me an email
09/10/07 @ 11:45
Comment from: Shanks [Member] Email
My group of 8 played all 4 courses back in June, just prior to the Senior U.S. Open. It would be hard for me to believe that there are a group of 4 courses anywhere in the country that exceed the quality of this quartet. And course conditions could not have been any better. Magnificent!

Something to be aware of, however minor a problem, is that walking is mandatory on the Straits Course. The terrain off-fairway of the Straits can be very inhospitable with steep slopes and clumpy knee-high fescue. The footpaths from geen to tee can be a little tricky in spots too. The Irish course has very similar ground, and while walking is recommended it is not mandatory (cart paths are hidden, so not much of a break there). Two of my party are ex-jocks whose injuries have made walking 18 a chore under normal circumstances . In their opinion these courses are definitely a harder walk than normal.

09/11/07 @ 10:39
Comment from: chuck lennon [Visitor] Email
nice item on kohler joel. did you meet the illustrious director of golf over there, barry deach? he's a friend an was here in minnesota as tournament director for the 2002 pga championshp at hazeltine...

over in sheboygan you were too close for comfort.

we await your second visit to minnesota.

chuck lennon