« Death of Earl Woods has blogger wondering if he can raise the next TigerIn Thailand, two left golf shoes a hidden blessing »

Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Visitor]
Ian,

I'm on the other side of 39 and know of what you speak. Where exactly did all those back muscles come from that hurt so much after a round of golf. Sadly, I get to play just enough to stay sore.

And, man, I played basketball he other night. Full-court. For 15 minutes at least before my lungs lept out of my body and threatened to kill me if I didn't stop.

When you first start feeling the effects of age, it's a real drag, man.

I think I'm going to go stretch.

--WKW
05/11/06 @ 07:16
Comment from: Wibur Authur III [Visitor]
Well I can sympathise with you on this point, I went to a shopping mall once while in Phuket and asked for 3 left handed golf gloves and ended up with 3 right handed gloves in my shopping bag, too late to go back and change them, funnily enough I played quite well
05/11/06 @ 08:51
Comment from: Wibur Authur III [Visitor]
Where exactly are you playing golf? on the mainland Thailand or somewhere else?
05/11/06 @ 08:56
Comment from: Tom Vomideux [Visitor]
Maybe you should go easy on those Thai green curries, and walk to the mall occasionally rather than drive your pick-up truck, and you might find 18 holes of golf a little easier. You're not even 40 yet! Jack Nicklaus was still winning majors in his 40's! Gary Player still plays major championships in his 70's! Don't just stretch, get in shape!!
05/12/06 @ 03:44
Comment from: David Hatch [Visitor]
Ian, it sounds like you may have pulled more than a back muscle. I find if you stop pulling it helps.
05/16/06 @ 07:47
Comment from: Jan Molby [Visitor]
Yes Ian golf can be a real eye opener for middle aged men like yourself. A good warm up is really required and I recommend something that my Father used to use way back when. Get some old cheesey bits you can find around and put them in a blender. To this paste then add to some oil and rub on your back before the game. It will feel fine the next morning after the game but just be sure you wash your hands before playing as we dont want your 1 wood slipping out of your hands and landing in the clubhouse do we? Glad to hear the shoes were good. Which make did you buy?
05/18/06 @ 11:39