« Sorenstam versus Wie: the ratings tug-of-war, American Express' Women's Golf Week and golf tips on staying coolPodcast: Golf tips for slow play and how to muzzle the "mad dog" in your group »

98 comments

Comment from: John Z [Visitor]
In answer to your original question, my reply is , sure she has the strength to lift the trophy. Can she win the US Open? Now you are being silly. It will be a minor miracle if she qualifies. I think your figures are off somewhat. It is my understanding that the Open field will be 156 golfers. 70 are exempt. About 750 will vie for the remaining 86 spots. From what I have read, about 22 will qualify at Canoe Brook from about 156 who survived the local tryouts. She may have a 10% chance to make the Open field and a 5% chance of making the cut if she does. As for your last question, sure, almost anything is possible. but that outcome would be one in a million. Possibilty is not probability. Maybe you should wait to make any far out prediction until after the sectional at Canoe Brook.
2006-05-31 @ 11:45
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
As I stated on another blog, qualification is unlikely for Michelle. I have personal experience at this and I think I have a pretty good idea of where Michelle's game is.
Michelle Wie is capable of making pga cuts at the moment. However there are guys who are capable of winning pga tournaments who will not qualify for the US Open.

I think Michelle will qualify for a US Open at some stage, but it isn't likely on her first attempt at Sectionals.
The experience should stand to her though.

If she were to finish in the top 50, I would class that as a remarkable performance.
2006-05-31 @ 13:48
Comment from: A. Stephens [Visitor]
I'm glad some folks at the USGA are sensible enough to point out to those who can't read or comprehend the fact that Wie is trying to qualify her way into the Open.

I agree that Michelle Wie is making a little history each time she makes an attempt even as many LPGA and some in PGA members who are critical of her forays. She is certainly inspiring to many little girls, and numerous Asian Americans for exercising her potentials as she learns along the way.

Wie is not the best golfer at the moment, she's 16 and will continue to grow and develop. How is it that people can give a pass or stay quiet to the likes of Gulbis, Pressel, Creamer, or some other young Americans whenever they didn't win? Whenever Wie stumbles and didn't win, folks would leap to criticize or make some derogatory comments. She is certainly inspiring to many little girls, and numerous Asian Americans for exercising her potentials as she learns along the way.

The LPGA has many Asian players from Asia, but Only a couple of Asian Americans and African Americans. The PGA has Tiger Woods and a few other Americans. Folks, notice that I've emphasized the word 'American' and not international players.


The underlying hostilities towards Wie are revealing at times. Granted that there are many other golfers who are envious and jealous. Many will continue to complain that she hasn't won anything or some commentators sniffed at her recently making the cut in Asia as nothing big, because it's a weak field in Asia. It's sad that people and some commentators still reveal their basic underlying prejudice towards any person of colors in the game of golf. Even years after Tiger Woods has opened the doors for many children and people of color, the golfing industry at large remain lilly white, narrow-minded, and judgemental even though they have all learned to mouth the politically correct things once the tapes and cameras are on.

I think the golf industry should spend less time critiquing or attacking Wie, but more energy in providing golf clinics to young people of color around the country.


2006-05-31 @ 13:59
Comment from: Fraser Cook [Visitor]
People are not commenting or critizing her because of her color or the fact that she is a lone female trying to do thos. They are questioning it because of the sponsors exemptions. I am fully supportive of her trying to qualify for the US open. Although I do feel her priorities are out of wack. She should focus on seeting herself on the LPGA tour before she tries to tackle the PGA tour. Also, she should turn down sponsors exemptions into the mens events as she does not deserve them in any way. There is no proof of her being able to play at the PGA tour level, or even win on the LPGA tour. She needs to set herself on the LPGA, then try to qualify for her PGA tour card and be exempt in PGA tour events the way every other PGA tour player does. I do understand that players like Tiger Woods, and Ryan Moore recieved exemptions, Tiger's need no explanation as he had won three consecutive US AM's and out of his 7 attempts he won 2 times. Also Ryan Moore convereted his opportunities into a PGA tour card, but collecting enough money through his exemptions. In Michelle Wie's case she needs to play in Q school if she wants to play on the PGA tour, or set herself on the LPGA TOUR!!!!!! This is a dumb topic and she is disgracing herself and the game of golf. There is no proof of her ability to play on the PGA tour or even dominate on the LPGA Tour. But she makes the money, and thats all that people care about in today's time rather than holding the integrity of the game. I have no problem her recieving sponsors exemptions if she sets herself on the LPGA tour, or maybe have a battlefield promotion for a player who wins 3 times on the LPGA tour like they have on the Nationwide tour. Thats how it should be rather than handing out exemptions that another player could take, who has gone through Q school and is deserving of the spot.
2006-05-31 @ 14:15
Comment from: John Z [Visitor]
Mr. Stephens, I wish I could agree with you that Michelle Wie has been an inspiration to many young girls. I am a volunteer coach at a local YMCA-YWCA. MY colleagues and I have been trying to get a summer program of sports together for the kids in the area which is blue collar to upper middle class. We will probably be forced to abandon the golf program due to lack of interest. We had made arrangements at two public courses for the kids to play on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons(noon to 4:30) for the nominal fee of $6.00 for 18 holes. There isn't one kid in our group that doesn't have the money for the green fees. Yet out of forty kids we got six applicants. It seems that they are a lot more interested in basketball first, then softball and baseball, even pocket billiards and believe it or not, chess. About 40% of our kids are white 30% African- American 15% Hispanic and 15% Asian. 65% boys and 35% girls. When polled none of the kids had ever heard of Michelle Wie. Most had heard of Tiger Woods, but none could recognize the names of Els, Mickelson, Goosen or Singh. Golf is just not popular among the kids. Michelle Wie is a nobody to these kids of all races and both sexes. It is sad but true.
2006-05-31 @ 14:48
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Fraser Cook said:
I do understand that players like Tiger Woods, and Ryan Moore recieved exemptions, Tiger's need no explanation as he had won three consecutive US AM's and out of his 7 attempts he won 2 times.

**********************

Fraser,
Your ignorance outstands me.
Not that you were ignorant to post the above, but that you launched an attack on Wie using such shabby statistics.

First of all, I am a professional golfer, and I know my stats and yours are completely incorrect.

So first of all you said:
- That when Tiger got his exemptions he had won 3 straight amatuers.
INCORRECT. Tiger won his 3 straight amateurs later. When Tiger Woods got his first exemptions he had NO US Amateur titles. All he had was one boys title. This is a fact. He didn't have any mens amateur titles until after he got his first 7 exemptions, so that ridicules that part of your argument.

- Next you said that Tiger won 2 of his 7 exemptions:
INCORRECT. Tiger Woods missed his first 7 cuts, which were all sponsors exemptions.
You are mixing this up with when Tiger turned pro, and then he won 2 of his first 7 starts.
However, Tiger already had 17 pga events played at that stage, most of them sponsors invites.

So before you launch further attacks on Michelle Wie, perhaps you could learn some facts.

On the Tiger Woods example, Michelle Wie has also done far better than Tiger Woods did with his exemptions. He missed most cuts by several strokes.
For example on his 5th attempt. He shot 80, 77 at Nestle Invitational.

So perhaps you would apologize for your mistakes regarding Michelle Wie since the basis of your argument was wrong.

PS.: If you hadn't been so ferocious in your attack on Wie, I would have just pointed out the facts in a nicer manner.
2006-05-31 @ 17:33
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Fraser, why should Michelle turn down sponsor's exemptions into men's events if they are being handed to her? I know that if I was fortunate enough to be in her position I would take all exemptions and ask questions later.

As her popularity continues to grow Wie will attract new golfers to the ranks. A few years ago the names and faces of golfers (men or women) were only known to those who were interested in the sport. Today's faces are seen in all different kinds of advertisements which are not even golf-related. Spreading the word is what it's all about.
2006-05-31 @ 18:32
Comment from: toto [Visitor]
Norman: I have enjoyed your comments on the "other" "open" blog - your perspective rings a lot more objective than the "for and against" comments going back and forth. Your comment regarding fear as being the main reason for the exemption reactions is especially perceptive. I look forward to future comments and wish you luck on the course. toto
2006-05-31 @ 19:56
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Fraser Cook [Visitor]
***People are not commenting or critizing her because of her color or the fact that she is a lone female trying to do thos.***

You have no idea how many times I see that same statement, but I’ll tell you right now, most of those making that statement are lieing through there teeth. Just reading the rest of their comments tells it’s own story. Go read some of the golf forums for a better perspective if you don’t believe me.


***They are questioning it because of the sponsors exemptions. ***

That is a fair assumption of what others are saying, but again, unless and until the PGA, LPGA, LET or any of the world golf bodies deem it wrong, then your wrong about here right to have them extended to her

***I am fully supportive of her trying to qualify for the US open. Although I do feel her priorities are out of wack. ***

I sincerely doubt that you support her trying to qualify at all. The rest of your post suggests differently.

***She should focus on seeting herself on the LPGA tour before she tries to tackle the PGA tour.***

Lord almighty, how many times do you folks need it thumped into your hollow heads…. She cannot play more than 8 times in the LPGA because of THEIR rules. Enough said about that.

*** Also, she should turn down sponsors exemptions into the mens events as she does not deserve them in any way.***

What makes you think she doesn’t deserve them? Either you are blind or deliberately ignoring the fact that her game say she deserves them, the sponsors say she deserves and since it is their money supporting the tournament, they rule.
I must agree with Stacy’s answer to you. It is spot on!

***There is no proof of her being able to play at the PGA tour level, or even win on the LPGA tour.***

Good grief, you cannot be that blind so you must be prejudiced against women competing against men, prejudiced against Asian ( American or otherwise)/people of color or you are just being deliberately obtuse.

*** She needs to set herself on the LPGA, then try to qualify for her PGA tour card and be exempt in PGA tour events the way every other PGA tour player does.***

Why? Because it’s never been done this way before or is it the macho thing about women in a mans domain?

A)***I do understand that players like Tiger Woods, and Ryan Moore recieved exemptions, Tiger's need no explanation as he had won three consecutive US AM's and out of his 7 attempts he won 2 times.***


B) ***Also Ryan Moore convereted his opportunities into a PGA tour card, but collecting enough money through his exemptions. ***

I belive Norman addressed both A and B exceedingly well

***In Michelle Wie's case she needs to play in Q school if she wants to play on the PGA tour, or set herself on the LPGA TOUR!!!!!!***

Prejudice,?? Jealousy?? Petty sniping??? I just love the way supposedly grown up people make rash statements such as this. Who the heck died and left you as the chief of the gods responsible for how she plays or where?

*** This is a dumb topic and she is disgracing herself and the game of golf.***

No SIR!. You are the one that is disgracing himself with your words. She has never done one thing to disgrace the game of golf unlike so many people who have disgraced the game by their less than gentlemanly ( or genteel ladylike) comments

***There is no proof of her ability to play on the PGA tour or even dominate on the LPGA Tour.***
You repeat yourself.

*** But she makes the money, and thats all that people care about in today's time rather than holding the integrity of the game.***

Wrong ! She makes exciting, a game that is boring to watch most of the time. It’s kind of like hockey to me, if I can’t play it then I don’t care to watch it.

*** I have no problem her recieving sponsors exemptions if she sets herself on the LPGA tour, or maybe have a battlefield promotion for a player who wins 3 times on the LPGA tour like they have on the Nationwide tour. ***

I think you are deluding yourself as to your true feelings. At least from what I can read from your post.

*** Thats how it should be rather than handing out exemptions that another player could take, who has gone through Q school and is deserving of the spot. ***

You obviously have been listening to Michael Campbell again. If those poor sods were that good, they’d need no exemption. Or THEY can go play on the nationwide tour. Who says that any of yours or Campbells picks would even get a sniff from a sponsor for that exemption? Chances are pretty good that some local celebrity or a family member of a tour player would get the exemption so that it could be hyped for the good press the sponsor would receive

Seriously, You need to re-think your post.


2006-05-31 @ 20:47
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
Anyone else catch the suggestion by a Wie critic that Wie should be given a battefield promotion to the PGA if she wins 3 LPGA tournaments? Are other Woe critics in agreement with Fraser Cook? I don't think even the staunchest Wie supporter would have made suggestion--but who are we to object to such a suggestion?
2006-05-31 @ 21:13
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Jim
I saw it and unfortunately I dismissed it as more puff.
Putting that aside, can you imagine the hew and cry from the other ladies if Michelle was given a BF promotion from the LPGA to the PGA? Lord, they are already incensed that she is insulting them by wanting to play with the boys! Wooooeeee, now that would be a fight worth the entry fee.

It's definitely an idea though.
2006-05-31 @ 21:26
Comment from: Edwin Olweny [Visitor]
Guys, and most definitely Mr. Cook. Accept the fact that Wie has got game. She is 16! ... and only getting better. Looks like his ego has been bruised. Dude, relax and enjoy watching history and the possibility of it.

I have a 3 1/2 yr old daughter, and oh how I would love to see her kick Frasers butt on the course someday.

That aside, Fraser must be a moron. Michelle Wie is something special. She HAS what it takes to win on the LPGA by her placements in the few women's majors she has played. Were you asleep?!%$ This I must repeat to you. SHE CAN ONLY PLAY A HANDFUL OF LPGA TOURNAMENTS A YEAR ..... BY THEIR RULES. Got it?
2006-06-01 @ 03:32
Comment from: John Z [Visitor]
The reason that I quit posting here for about a month is that it invariably comes down to insults where Michelle Wie is concerned. I know that most of the people posting on the blogs about Michelle are her fans. Fraser Cook just has a different view of things. That doesn't make him dumb, stupid, a moron or anything of the sort. Her play doesn't need to be defended in such vicious terms. This blog is about whether she can qualify, make the cut, and contend successfully at the US Open. I don't think she can do any of that now or in the foreseeable future. Some here think that she can. That doesn't make anybody stupid or smart. Just different opinions.
2006-06-01 @ 08:42
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
" first of all I am a profesional golfer" Norman, your arrogance never ceases to amaze me. Anybody that posts on this site already knows that you claim to be a professional golfer, you only mention it in every one of your posts. I don't really care if you're claims are true or not, if they are you probably should focus more on your game than leading the Michelle Wie fan club on this site. Go hit the range instead of boring people to death with you're endless and essentially meaningless satistics. Stats, can be manipulated to fit and prove any argument. I have seen stats posted on this site which show that Michelle is actually further along then Tiger was at an even more advanced age. These stats are ridicoulous and do not take into account physical maturity, genetic potential and many other factors which render these comparisons utterly meaningless. Nobody really believes that Michelle will be the equal of Tiger Woods do they? While we are talking about staistical improbabilities, lets yalk about Michelle and the U.S. Open. I believe that she will not qualify this time around, but would not put it past her in the future. What Michelle is doing is incredible, but she will never be more then an also ran on the men's tour--still an incredible level for a woman or anybody for that matter to attain, but in the end probably a letdown for her most dedicated fans. I have always laughed to myself when I here the argument that if Michelle continues to progress at her current pace she will surely be contending in PGA tour events in a couple of years. This argument fails to take into account that growth is not exponential and the little fact that the rest of the golf world grows as well. Meaning that while Michelle struggles to win on the LPGA and struggles to get her game to the level of just scraping by(making cuts) on the men's tour level, there are literally thousands of players who can already make cuts and win tournaments with a whole new generation of young men right behind them. I wish Michelle the best of luck and want to once again make it clear that what she is currently doing is groundbreaking stuff and should be celebrated. I just have a more realistic and modest prediction for her future in the game and no it's nothing personal or racial or sexist, just my opinion based on what I have seen thus far.
2006-06-01 @ 09:19
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
Edwin---A lot of golfers have what it takes to win, but for whatever reason they don't. Michelle has had what it takes to win on the LPGA tour for a couple of years now and hasn't. You tell me why---and no excuses, like the mean old LPGA is against her, or she only plays in a handful of tournaments(she has played in nearly 40 events and has 0 wins), or one that I saw on another blog, she only plays in the toughest LPGA tournaments on the toughest courses(not true and funny, because the general opinion of Wie fanatics is that the shorter and easier layouts on the LPGA actually hurt her power game). I am so excited for your response, so I can add another Wiexcuse to my archive.
2006-06-01 @ 09:26
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
A couple of years ago Michelle Wie was only 14 years old. She's now only 16. Most kids at 16 are playing high school golf and, where they may one day have the talent to succeed, their games are still a far cry from the level of Wie's play.

Thank goodness there are players looking to raise the bar for both themselves and the game.
2006-06-01 @ 09:50
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Fraser Cook said
*** This is a dumb topic and she is disgracing herself and the game of golf.***

Putt For Par said
***No SIR!. You are the one that is disgracing himself with your words. She has never done one thing to disgrace the game of golf unlike so many people who have disgraced the game by their less than gentlemanly ( or genteel ladylike) comments
*********

Well said Putt For Parr. I meant to address this disgraceful comment.
2006-06-01 @ 09:50
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Jim Coultard said:
Anyone else catch the suggestion by a Wie critic that Wie should be given a battefield promotion to the PGA if she wins 3 LPGA tournaments? Are other Woe critics in agreement with Fraser Cook? I don't think even the staunchest Wie supporter would have made suggestion--but who are we to object to such a suggestion?
*********************

Well spotted Jim. If this clause existed, I am pretty sure Wie would petition for lpga membership.
Just 3 wins and you get membership. That would have meant that Annika could have had her full pga card many times.
Also, Lorena Ochoa and Karie Webb would be on the verge of a promotion, which would mean they would, if either won an event soon they would be elegible for pga tour membership for the remainder of the season, as well as next season.

Add to that, they would be out of the way, so other women would have the chance to win 3 titles and join them.
What an interesting idea.
2006-06-01 @ 09:53
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
John Z said:
The reason that I quit posting here for about a month is that it invariably comes down to insults where Michelle Wie is concerned. I know that most of the people posting on the blogs about Michelle are her fans. Fraser Cook just has a different view of things. That doesn't make him dumb, stupid, a moron or anything of the sort.
**************************

Actually it was Fraser's comments which were the insulting ones.
Perhaps you missed where he stated:

*************
This is a dumb topic and she is disgracing herself and the game of golf.
*************

Would you not class that as insulting? Fraser's comments were disgraceful and got the deserved response.
2006-06-01 @ 09:59
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Why is it considered a "promotion" to the PGA Tour? Too bad that the LPGA cannot convince people that it is worthy of standing on it's own.

I'm not sure that Lorena Ochoa or Karrie Webb would be willing to "upgrade" to the PGA Tour if they were given the chance. ;-)
2006-06-01 @ 10:03
Comment from: John Z [Visitor]
Ty, The postings of Wie fans on this board are exactly why I am not in favor of starting teenage sports prodigies at too early an age. With all the publicity and hype about Michelle, her fans, not her doubters, have set the bar too high, much too high for a young girl with so much to learn. No matter what she or her parents and agents say, the pressure on her is too great for a 16 year old girl. By turning professional at such an early age, she has taken her age out of the equation. Her detractors reasonably expect more from her than she so far has been able to deliver. They want more from her because her promoters have insisted that she can produce more regardless of her age and gender.If she had taken a more conventional route such as starting about now to compete on the LPGA tour, it is my educated opinion that she would be better off and eventually would do better in all facets of her game. However, it's too late for that now. Again, it's just my opinion but I really think that this super early start is bad for Michelle, as similar early pushing fo excellence has been detrimental to many young athletes, both boys and girls.
2006-06-01 @ 10:04
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Ty said:
" first of all I am a profesional golfer" Norman, your arrogance never ceases to amaze me. Anybody that posts on this site already knows that you claim to be a professional golfer, you only mention it in every one of your posts.
*****************************

Ty, I only stated that, because Fraser was new to these blogs. At least I think he is, I haven't been posting here much in the last while. I also wanted him to know that I know I am talking about in regards to Tiger's career, because I have had to go through many of the same hoops in and know all about amateur golf.



***************************
Ty said:
Go hit the range instead of boring people to death with you're endless and essentially meaningless satistics.
***************************

Actually I think most people are interested to learn the facts of how things actually happened, especially when so much misinformation is given.
People often claim that Tiger gof exemptions because he had 3 amatuer titles. FACT: he didn't have any amateur mens titles when he got these exemptions.
People deserve to know the truth.

As regards the range, unfortunately I have a long standing sponsor commitment, so that isn't an option on this occasion. Luckily that leaves me free to give you some facts.
By the way, I won't have much time to post comments after Wie's attempts, but hopefully I can pop in and make at least one post, even if I don't have time to read the others. I bet you'll be watching out for it.




***********************
Ty said:
I have seen stats posted on this site which show that Michelle is actually further along then Tiger was at an even more advanced age. These stats are ridicoulous and do not take into account physical maturity, genetic potential and many other factors which render these comparisons utterly meaningless. Nobody really believes that Michelle will be the equal of Tiger Woods do they?
***********************

You are missing the point again Ty. Michelle Wie versus Tiger Woods is not the issue.
Here is the issue: SPONSORS EXEMPTIONS.
I have compared them many times, to show that she deserves her sponsors exemptions more than Tiger Woods did when he got his first 7 exemptions. Nothing more. That doesn't mean she will be better than him. It just means she deserves her SPONSORS EXEMPTIONS just as much as he did.

2006-06-01 @ 10:09
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
***Comment from: Stacy [Visitor] · http://www.worldgolf.com/blogs/golf-for-beginners
Why is it considered a "promotion" to the PGA Tour? Too bad that the LPGA cannot convince people that it is worthy of standing on it's own.

I'm not sure that Lorena Ochoa or Karrie Webb would be willing to "upgrade" to the PGA Tour if they were given the chance. ;-) ***

Very Well said, Stacy. When people finally realize that the LPGA has all the merits to stand on it's own as a great tour, not just some place to get the women out of the way for the boys to play, then there will be parity in golf.
In the mean time, with MW playing on the PGA front, she is proving that women can contend anywhere they are willing to extend themselves. It is no longer simply a "mans" world, women fit in there as well.
2006-06-01 @ 10:26
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
I think rather than compare Michelle Wie to Tiger Woods or any other great golfers we should focus on more fitting comparisons, such as Dannica Patrick, and Anna Kournikova. Pretty faces, who have exihibited varying levels of talent and success, but ultimately are more about endoresement dollars and near misses then actual substance and results. Actually, this comparison may be a little unfair---to Dannica that is, she has actually competed rather well against the men, carding a fourth in the Indy 500 last year and an eigth place finish this year. Michelle Wie will never have these results in the Men's U.S. Open or any other PGA tournament for that matter--and that isn't an insult, or a putdown, it's just a fact.
2006-06-01 @ 10:46
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
****Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
**I think *** Doubtful, really doubtful

rather than compare Michelle Wie to Tiger Woods or any other great golfers we should focus on more fitting comparisons, such as Dannica Patrick, and Anna Kournikova. Pretty faces, who have exihibited varying levels of talent and success, but ultimately are more about endoresement dollars and near misses then actual substance and results. ***

Right, insult them all at the very top of your post and then tell us you mean no insult or put-down. Great stuff, Ty.

***Actually, this comparison may be a little unfair---to Dannica that is, she has actually competed rather well against the men, carding a fourth in the Indy 500 last year and an eigth place finish this year.***

You really think that Danica would thank you for that left handed condescending
compliment from someone who I suspect knows about as much about IRL racing as you know about launching orbital satelites.


*** Michelle Wie will never have these results in the Men's U.S. Open or any other PGA tournament for that matter--and that isn't an insult, or a putdown, it's just a fact. ***

So, your crytal ball says that the results can be posted now without her ever having played? What amazes me is that there are so many men on the PGA tour that have never won, and are not really expected to win and yet even the very thought of MW being in the tour makes all you Macho guys break out in a cold sweat. I wonder why that is?

I have no daughters but I do have grand-daughters and believe me when I tell you that I will be encouraging them to go for broke. Kickass and take names all the way through life, let no egocentrinc male such as you appear to be, belittle them, denigrate their efforts or deny them their right to do anything that is humanly possible to be the "BEST" at whatever they undertake. In doing so, they'd make me the proudest grandfather in the world. Believe it!
2006-06-01 @ 11:40
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
Take it easy Grandpa! I don't want my post to cause you to have a heart attack or stroke. If I were you I wouldn't encourage your grandaughters to go for broke, given your latest post and obvious genetic limitations that's exactly how they'll wind up...Broke. I don't have a "crytal" ball, I'm assuming you mean crystal ball, but one can never be sure with Wie fans. I just don't believe Michelle will ever attain the skill level needed to compete at the highest levels of men's competitive golf. I do, however, commend her for trying and would never try to keep anybody from striving for their dreams, I just don't think she will get there. As far as my left-handed compliment, again I'm assuming you meant back-handed towards Dannica Patrick and Michelle Wie, you must admit the similarities are striking. Both have garnered huge endorsement riches while not ever winning anything of note. These contracts are given because of their ability to sell products, not win in their respective fields. Nothing wrong with that, but not a measure of success, as it is often portrayed on these sites. Here are the facts as they stand right now, Michelle Wie has never made a cut on the PGA tour, and she has never won on the LPGA tour, just as Anna Kournikova never won a singles title on the WPTA tour, and just like Dannica has yet to win in the IRL. When that changes and I suspect it will sooner rather then later for Michelle, you can look me up Gramps and we can find a new comparison, but for now it fits. For the record, there is no need to preface satelittes(yes, it is spelled with two t's) with the word orbital, because by defenition a satelitte is any object that orbits another object. So your attempted insult is redundant and does little more than show your own ignorance. Have a nice day!
2006-06-01 @ 12:50
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
To Ty.
Satellite:satellite Note the one--singular T?

sat·el·lite
Pronunciation: 'sa-t&l-"It
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from Latin satellit-, satelles attendant

***1 : a hired agent or obsequious follower : MINION, SYCOPHANT*** of particular note to those people that are in the Macho underachiever section ( and the occasional Chris Baldwin follower)

2 a : a celestial body orbiting another of larger size b : a manufactured object or vehicle intended to orbit the earth, the moon, or another celestial body
3 : someone or something attendant, subordinate, or dependent; especially : a country politically and economically dominated or controlled by another more powerful country
4 : a usually independent urban community situated near but not immediately adjacent to a large city

And it is particularily reasonable to describe it as orbital so that you may know that i was reffering to those spaced out bodies such as yourself that orbit other larger(Greater) bodies in an attempt to garner greatness by their proximty..


Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
***Take it easy Grandpa! I don't want my post to cause you to have a heart attack or stroke. ***
You couldn't get that lucky.

***If I were you I wouldn't encourage your grandaughters to go for broke, given your latest post and obvious genetic limitations that's exactly how they'll wind up...Broke.***

Genetic limitations? Sorry but your reference makes no sense. I doubt that they'll go broke but anything is possble.


***I don't have a "crytal" ball, I'm assuming you mean crystal ball, but one can never be sure with Wie fans.***

And that was the best you can do? Typos? lol, great stuff. You are starting to sound like Alex.

***I just don't believe Michelle will ever attain the skill level needed to compete at the highest levels of men's competitive golf***
That is entirely possible but your post was an insult to hers and Danicas efforts and your opinion is just that, an opinion.

.***I do, however, commend her for trying and would never try to keep anybody from striving for their dreams, I just don't think she will get there. ***

Everytime I see people like you say they support these peoples efforts, there is always a proviso that would relegate thier efforts to be meaningless

***As far as my left-handed compliment, again I'm assuming you meant back-handed towards Dannica Patrick and Michelle Wie, you must admit the similarities are striking. ***

NO, i meant left handed, you wouldn't recognize a backhand because you'd be on the floor. To slow to move out of the way.

***Both have garnered huge endorsement riches while not ever winning anything of note. ***
And therein lies the biggest whine of all. You are just green-eyed jealous.


***These contracts are given because of their ability to sell products, not win in their respective fields. Nothing wrong with that, but not a measure of success, as it is often portrayed on these sites. ***

As far as I can recall, I have never seen anyone here other than you and the bashers, ever mention the endorsements. Certainly none of the "Wie-fans" have ever used them to measure her success. That is always left to you whiners and you do it everytime. Envy, jealousy and greed is all you folks can see.

***Here are the facts as they stand right now, Michelle Wie has never made a cut on the PGA tour, and she has never won on the LPGA tour, just as Anna Kournikova never won a singles title on the WPTA tour, and just like Dannica has yet to win in the IRL. When that changes and I suspect it will sooner rather then later for Michelle, you can look me up Gramps and we can find a new comparison, but for now it fits.


***For the record, there is no need to preface satelittes(yes, it is spelled with two t's) with the word orbital, because by defenition a satelitte is any object that orbits another object. ***

See the above definiton and spelling of satellites. As to my ignorance, I freely admit I don't know everything unlike you.

Did you feel insulted? No attempt was made to insult you, that was your own doing, sorry about that.


***So your attempted insult is redundant and does little more than show your own ignorance. Have a nice day! ***

ROFLMAO, "and does little more than show your own ignorance"..... Yes, i'd say that you did that rather well, Ty.

2006-06-01 @ 13:39
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Ty,
Sorry but I won't be correcting every mistake you make over the next few days. I'll leave that to my distinguished fellow Wie Warriers.

Here's a few bits to keep you going:
> anti-Wie people often complain about insults, yet you have hurled plenty of insults at putt4parr in your comments.
> You said Wie hadn't won anything of note. For her to be the youngest ever winner of a usga adult title at the us womens publinx is of note.
> Anna Kournikova would be better compared to Natalie Gulbis.
> The youngest lpga winner was 18 years old. At 16, Michelle still has over 2 years to break that record. If she does it this season, she will have smashed the record.
> She has also done numerous things of note. In her last 2 events alone, she has done things that no other female has, an Asian Tour cut, and getting past local qualifying.

Oh, and by the way, enjoy Monday. I don't expect Wie to make it past Sectional and you will probably enjoy rejoicing in this as if it were some sort of a failure. In fact, being there is a success.
2006-06-01 @ 13:48
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
Watch the blood pressure Grandpa! "No attempt was made to insult you" I think*** Doubtful, really doubtful. I know that memory is one of the first things to go on you old people, but from post to post. In the real world that comment would get you smacked in the mouth, but if you want to relive the good ol' days behind the safety of your computer screen, go right ahead. Selective memory is a wonderful thing, it allows you to completely ignore the fact that everytime someone brings up the fact that precious Michelle has yet to win anything Wie warriors go to the old standby of endorsementment riches and appearence fees. I think we all agree that she is being paid on potential, appearence and talent at this point and not actual accomplishment. Your strategy of defending Michelle Wie by insulting me and saying nothing of consequence is a truly dizzying tactic, at least Norman has his precious statistics to back up his views. One note to Norman; I do not and will not cheer Michelle Wie's failures. I know it makes it easier for you Wie fans to portray everybody that critcizes her as jealous, creepy, sexist monsters, but the trouth is I am none of those things. I am just someone who has a different opion then you and happens to find Wie fans among the most annoying human beings on the face of the earth. To my old friend putt4par i leave you with this, " Old man river zip you're lip or I'll break you're hip."
2006-06-01 @ 14:49
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
If you guys really want to get mad at someone, look at Tim McDonald's blog. Now that guy really is a monster, routing for Michelle Wie to be humiliated.
2006-06-01 @ 14:52
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
If anyone out there has been humiliated...not only in golf but in life, it sure stinks, I'll tell ya.

I don't believe that anyone can feel totally humiliated without their consent. Either you shrug it off and move along, daring to improve upon yourself or you convince yourself that you are simply not good enough. Michelle Wie IS that good and she knows it.

Now I'm not what you call a "Wie Warrior" but I do know that she is making an impact on the sport. Just look at how many comments this blog is getting in comparison to other blogs. I don't believe many other golfers can get that response...not even the greatest golfer (to me) in the world, Phil Mickelson who, BTW, is going to WIN the Open!!! :-)

If Tim McDonald wants to see real public humiliation, let him play a round of golf with her.
2006-06-01 @ 15:07
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
Did you mean "rooting" vice "routing", Golf Neophyte Ty?

Posting at Ronald McDonald's blog would be like giving him some sweat off my bal**.

I love the way high handicappers discount what Michelle's performance has been for the past three years. All anyone would have to do is puruse thru the records of LPGA member records for the last three years and compare Michelle's performance in limited events to see why she was ranked number two in the Rolex rankings.

As far as Michael Campbell goes he is reacting out of fear. Look at his record and the number of cuts he has missed since last years U.S. Open. I bet he will not make the cut at the 2006 Open and he is the defending champion.

She has garnered 6 top five finishes in her last 10 events during 2005 and 2006. Try to imagine in your child like mind what that means Ty. Sixty percent of the time a fifteen or sixteen year old stood on the first tee of an LPGA event she finished in the top five. No professional or amateur golfer can claim those stats on any tour over 2005 to 2006.



2006-06-01 @ 15:29
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
BTW Ty it would have been 7 out of 10 events (seventy percent) if the Samsung counted. Get a life Dude and try doing some research before you spew nonsense out of your pie hole..
2006-06-01 @ 15:33
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
Welcome back Three-Putt! 0 wins, bitch! That and where you're little punk ass lives is the only research I need. Opinions are not based on stats, research and calculations, they are often times based on what we see with our own eyes. When I look at Michelle Wie I see a whole lot of talent and a whole lot of potential, but I don't see a champion, not yet anyway and I certainly don't see a potential PGA contender. So there you have it I guess we are at an impasse. While you are so busy getting your panties in a wad, look at my claims again, you will see that I never question her ability to play with the ladies, just her ability to win. If you have a stat that shows her win total on the LPGA tour to be any nimber other than 0, by all means lets see it. Didn't think so. My other assertion was that she would not qualify for the men's U.S. Open this year, we still have to wait on that one. I also said I did not believe that she would ever be a factor on the PGA tour or any men's tour for that matter, again the jury's still out on that one, but I like my position. What else did I claim? Oh yeah, that she is a extremely marketable and even more so for her looks and potential then for her accomplishments as of right now. For the record, I've got a great life, one I would be willing to bet you could only dream about. I'll leave an address in my next post and you can come check it out for yourself--I'll be waiting for the tiny little man with a big mouth.
2006-06-01 @ 16:14
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Hehehe, I always have to laugh when they bashers start stammering their way through a post. Foaming at the mouth, no doubt.

No, Stacy, I certainly am not humiliated by anything these guys hurl at me. I can admire what MW has done without being the least bit concerned about when/if/how or why she wins or where she wins. She has already accomplished so much that the likes of Ty and hist endless rhetoric are but a unseemly bit of flatulence in an opera hows. Embarrasing to the Fartee, lol

As you said, Stacy, there can be no doubt about MW making an impact on the sport. Judging by the number of new articles generated every day in the News or sports sections of the countries top newspapers, I'd hazard a guess that she has generated a wie (wee?) bit of interest.

Now to answer a tiny bit of stupidity in the diatribe by Ty...

No where did any of us mention her riches, her endorsements or any of that. We always leave tha up to the bashers who always fall back on that as a last resort to point out how terrible she is.

Your mistake and part of your retreating memory. Go play a round of golf if you know how and chill,bro. You are in danger of having a coronary.

As for where she finishes in the upcomig sectional??? I really couldn't say. All I know is that it may be a surprise for some and a dissapointment for others. The one thin g you can be assured of is that MW will not let a small thing like that hold her back.

I could be so lucky as to have grand daughter anywhere near as successfull as she is.
2006-06-01 @ 16:39
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
For Ty Hows=house, just so that you know I caught that error.
2006-06-01 @ 16:45
Comment from: Jay [Visitor]
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
Welcome back Three-Putt! 0 wins, bitch! That and where you're little punk ass lives is the only research I need.
***************************************

Whoa, Ty dude,

Why this violent response, I don't see the reason for that, you need some counciling.
Did you just return from Iraq ??
Are you getting along with people around you ?

Regards,
2006-06-01 @ 21:16
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Grandpa,

If you had some wisdom, you would encourage your grand-daughters to be ladies. Alas, though, like so many silly old men nowadays, you've been brainwashed into thinking that their happiness lies in becoming masculinized.

Of course, your problem could be that you really wanted grand-sons.
2006-06-01 @ 22:19
Comment from: Dave from Summit [Visitor]
If one does not know the gender or the background of a 16-year old player who has won a regional to qualify to play at the sectional, would one write that such a player is not qualified to play unless he/she went throug Q school? I doubt it. The whole point of having regionals is to qualify a player for the next stage. Therefore, I believe some of those comments concerning whether Michelle Wie belongs in the sectional is due to something other than logic or differences in opinion.

Ask yourself this, if the name of the 16-year old were Michael Wade would you have believed that he should win some tournaments first or to play in aother tour for awhile before he goes for the US Open? I doubt it. There are amny MEN who have qualified to play in the sectional and they are probably much older than 16, never won any tournaments, and have not cut his teeth in some othr tours. I don't believe I read anything from anyone stating that they are not good enough to play in the sectional! If such criteria are applied to every one of those who is entered in the sectional, I don't believe there would be many left to play in Canoe Brook.
2006-06-02 @ 01:29
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Dave,

Sorry, but your hypothetical involving a 16-year-old boy is not analogous in the least. The fact of the matter is that such a boy would NOT be able to play on the LPGA Tour, rendering the PGA his only avenue for pursuing golf ambitions. However,the fact that the women are provided with a separate, protected little tour is a tacit admission of inferiority in this realm. Thus, it's reasonable to expect that this creature, a woman, who is afforded the opportunity to play on this protected tour based solely on her status as a woman, prove herself in that company before tackling the superior competition.

What is your mistake? It's simple, and it's one that's common in our age. To wit: you're drawing an equivalency between males and females and acting as if those of us who place them in separate categories are guilty of peddling an invidious double standard. However, society (and you, no doubt) do this all the time. How? Well, the very fact that we provided women with their own tours, leagues and teams is a stark example of this. Think about it: we don't say that if someone hasn't ascended to a certain level yet, he can play on this lesser tour. Nor do we base it on driving distance. No, we simply say that if you have an XY chromosome configuration you will be allowed entry; if you don't, you won't. It's based solely on SEX.

Thus, Dave, unless you oppose this sex apartheid in sports, you have no business lecturing anyone on the "evils" of sexist thought. Of course, I'm consistent on this, in that while I have no problem with womens sports, I don't then turn around and unthinkingly embrace a standard that condemns the very principle on which their existence rests.

In summary, yes, as a girl, Bubbles belongs in her "place" (we all have a place, by the way). And as long you occasional egalitarians continue to support the giving of women their special place, you'll have no credibility whatsoever when criticizing we consistent ones.
2006-06-02 @ 03:40
Comment from: kimo [Visitor]
At that link that Dot Wong had in her short para was the first description I've seen of an MW problem that can alter MW's Canoe Brook outcome. Leadbetter called it changing swing tempo--to me, that means trying to hit it "harder" or trying to hit it "softer" instead of staying with her "grooved swing." If it happened even once on June 5th, it could take MW out of it. It was great knowing that MW was focusing on it.

I think MW has solved another problem--she will not fall for "being psyched" on the course as Danielle did to her a couple of years ago (it ruined MW's whole summer that year) and as Bramberger tried to do to her last fall. She's been working with a "psych trainer" so she's not likely to fall for that kind of stuff now.

I hope MW stays clear of the "while on the course changes in mental attitude" which affects confidence and the execution of golf shots. From Leadbetter's comments, it looks like MW has that under control, too.

MW was blown out of the Sony Open by wind conditions. At the Kahuku qualifiers, MW faced the same kind of nightmare wind conditions but she had matured and adjusted to it. Of course, her detractors pooh-poohed her mediocre 72 medalist score and pointed to the "weaker competition" but not saying much about the weather conditions.

In MW's two LPGA starts this year (the Fields and the Kraft Nabisco), her detractors point out that she came in third. They ignored that MW, in both starts, went for the win on the 18th holes. In the Fields, she landed her ball too far from the hole and was fooled by a non-break. In the Kraft Nabisco, she did not putt from the fringe to lay up for the tie to a playoff. She chipped for the win but ran beyond the hole and took two to get down. It may not have been "smart golf" but it was my kind of aggressive play that I enjoyed in Palmer and Tiger and now in Wie.

I feel relieved that MW is doing her homework. By Monday afternoon, we'll know if MW is in the 2006 US Open. I think she'll make it.
2006-06-02 @ 04:18
Comment from: Dave from Summit [Visitor]
Judge Smails, 1) I believe there are at least two other tours, the European Tour and the Asian Tour, 2) Wie is 16 and is not eligible to join the LPGA, and 3) I believe the US Open is an open event to all those who qualifiy and there is no gender requirement so it is moot whether there exists other events with gender requirements. The logic stands on its own merit.
2006-06-02 @ 04:40
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
Ty you owe me some dry cleaning. When I read your post and idle threat I blew mocha all over my Tiger Woods shirt. Not out of fear unconcious one, but from laughing so hard when you displayed such a moronic view of golf Ty. I am wondering if your last name is Tryon.

I've only known real fear during one period my life Ty. It was when I was about your age (eighteen years old I would guess) and assigned as a tunnel rat. That experience over a tour and a little over half of another was living in a state of constant fear from the unknown. Fear is what kept you alive.

Nothing Ty, I mean absolutely nothing at all puts fear in me now young man, trust me.
2006-06-02 @ 08:37
Comment from: Dave from Summit [Visitor]
One-Putt, I and every other American owe you respect and gratitude if I understood correctly what a "tunnel rat" did.
2006-06-02 @ 08:53
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Grandpa,

***If you had some wisdom, you would encourage your grand-daughters to be ladies.***

^sigh^... Boy....I tell you what, boy, when you grow up, maybe you will eventually learn that your sort of rhetoric shows no wisdom at all. Encouraging my granddaughters to be the best that they possibly can, encouraging them to not let any MAN (which I seriously doubt that you will ever be) make them into a doormat, I will encourage them to be equal partners with their lifes partner and to raise their own children knowing that they are living in a free society where they will never, ever have to bow their heads to the likes of you. You make a mockery of your own constitution. You make a mockery of everything that every man or woman in the armed services died for. SHAME on you for being so foolish. Being able to stand up for themselves, have any career that they want or be what ever they want is not...I repeat.... Is not Mutually exclusive.


*** Alas, though, like so many silly old men nowadays, you've been brainwashed into thinking that their happiness lies in becoming masculinized.***

Ahh, I get it now, you are one of those unfortunate souls that is threatened by a female, lol. You poor sod, There is nothing a female can do to you that you don't allow. There should never be anything done to a female that they do not wish to have done to them.

From your post above and any posts I have seen thus far, you appear to be one of those macho cowards that is only fulfilled when you have some poor woman on her knees, crying or begging her master for a crust of bread. Your attitude disgusts any civilized person.
Go and grow up before posting on any board again.


***Of course, your problem could be that you really wanted grand-sons. ***

I have grandsons as well and I teach them the same as I teach the girls. Be the best you can possibly be. Go for broke, achieve the absolute maximum that you can achieve .
Riches are not all counted in dollars. Riches are what people like One-Putt fought for, knew fear for... Those riches are embodied in freedom and aren't you lucky that you have the freedom to be such a fool in this public forum? Your freedom comes at the expense of many men like One-putt. I suspect he served in 'Nam. The short sentence that he used described what my brother-in-law described while he was there through two tours of duty, and he wasn't even American but he served in the American Army with pride anyway as did many Canadians.
Your freedom to be a fool comes at a high price paid by MEN.

Now, go back to whatever you were doing and make an effort to be a MAN.
2006-06-02 @ 09:59
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
I knew a "tunnel rat" once and he was so messed up from his experiences he was bat shit crazy and couldn't hold a job, a rational conversation, hell he couldn't even hold a thought. Things are all becoming very clear to me. One-Putt I am truly sorry for the horror you must have seen, but maybe you should spend less time blogging and more time resting in bed and taking your meds. You are just as I imagined a sad, little old man who probably lies awake at night praying the nightmares don't come again. This guy I know, was picked to be a tunnel rat because he was the smallest and scrawniest guy of the bunch--sounds like the one-putt I know. Putt4Par did you just mention Canadians, war and heroism in the same sentence? That is the funniest shit I have ever heard.
2006-06-02 @ 11:42
Comment from: Ford [Visitor]
Our soldiers are dying in Iraq, so we can argue the golfing accomplishments of a 16 year-old girl. Now I get it. If you guys are so interested in freedom of speech, respect the opinions of those that think Michelle is an overpaid circus attraction.
2006-06-02 @ 11:55
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
FORD Freedom of speech is something totally different from freedom of speech for only those opnions that we respect. Why should people who do not have respect for Michelle Wie and her accomplishments expect to get respect for their opinions from Michelle Wie's fans?
2006-06-02 @ 13:42
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
"Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
I knew a "tunnel rat" once and he was so messed up from his experiences he was bat shit crazy and couldn't hold a job, a rational conversation, hell he couldn't even hold a thought."

You promised me an address Ty, are you a man of your word?

2006-06-02 @ 13:54
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Ty [Visitor]
**** Putt4Par did you just mention Canadians, war and heroism in the same sentence? That is the funniest shit I have ever heard. ****


Ty, you are not even fit to carry the moniker of being a male, let alone being called a man.
Quite obviously you know nothing about Canada, her armed forces or any of the history of the Canadian forces. Before you run off at the mouth again and soil this blog any further with your ignorance, I suggest that you research some of the exploits of Canadians during any war, including the present conflict in iraq.

I would like you to explain to the family of Captain Nichola Goddard why you think that "Putt4Par did you just mention Canadians, war and heroism in the same sentence? That is the funniest shit I have ever heard.."
I would like to hear you explain to the people smuggled out of Iran by Canadian Embassy people how tou feel about " Canadians, war and heroism in the same sentence? That is the funniest shit I have ever heard."



You are the epitome of the ignorant American that the rest of the world loathes.
It is just so sad that the world usually sees only your kind of American and not the vast majorty of great, generous, wonderful, friendly and brave americans that know better than to run off at the mouth like you just did.

You insult every American that ever fought alongside a Canadian the same as you insult all Canadians. You do NOT deserve the time of day for the consideration of any of your opinions.

Go to this web site, Numbnuts. http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,95568,00.html
Open your eyes and learn to speak only when spoken to by your betters.

Then go to this site http://www.balkanpeace.org/wcs/wct/wctu/wctc003.shtml and learn some more.
Learn what a true fool you really are and why you owe an apology to Canadian armed forces but even more, the apology that you owe to your own Armed forces. When you ridicule service people of any Allied force, you in turn ridicule your own armed forces.
DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH BEFORE RUNNING OFF AT THE MOUTH!


Bah, just go away, grow up and don't bother coming back to this board until you can come as a man, not a cowardly moron.
2006-06-02 @ 14:08
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Oh, Ty, yoohoo... Google Captain Nichola Goddard like a good little boy please .

I wonder if you have as much balls as that lady had?

You'd probably have been soiling your jockeys long before she ever would.
2006-06-02 @ 14:14
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
"Comment from: Ty [Visitor]

Putt4Par did you just mention Canadians, war and heroism in the same sentence? That is the funniest shit I have ever heard."

Canadian, and American blood kind of mixed together on the battlefield over history Ty right up to the present day Afghanastan. Don't mix up Canadian Liberal politicians with the Armed Forces.

"Comment from: Ford [Visitor]
Our soldiers are dying in Iraq, so we can argue the golfing accomplishments of a 16 year-old girl. Now I get it. If you guys are so interested in freedom of speech, respect the opinions of those that think Michelle is an overpaid circus attraction. "

You might be surprised to find out Ford how many of our troops deployed to far off places are fans of Michelle Wie. It takes their mind off the dangers around them for just for a little while. They may not be "golf" fans yet they will track Michelle's or Tiger's for that matter progress in a tournament.
2006-06-02 @ 14:38
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Ty,

This worn out old geezer seems to be so lacking in insight and debating skills that he has just one standard response: insulting the manhood of those who disagree with him.

Oh, and, old man, you know nothing about the American Constitution. So, stick to your areas of expertise: Fixodent, Depends and Geritol.
2006-06-02 @ 17:27
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
One Putt.

I am instituting a new award here at travel golf. A Ty, to be given to anyone who even approaches the degree of tasteless that Ty has shown today in his comments about you. I also find this comments about Canadians insulting--but it is his comments about you that have inspired me to institute the award. I will, however, apologize to Ty if he was trying to say that the bat shit crazy former tunnel rat that he omce knew who couldn't hold a rational conversation and couldn't even hold a thought was in fact himself.
2006-06-02 @ 18:50
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Ty,

***This worn out old geezer seems to be so lacking in insight and debating skills that he has just one standard response: insulting the manhood of those who disagree with him.***

First of all, Under-Parr, you have to demonstrate some manhood to insult and clearly you have not done so.

***Oh, and, old man, you know nothing about the American Constitution. ***

I wouldn't want to bet the farm on that one either, buddy. You'd be so dead in the water wrong. When fully two thirds of ones family is in the US of A, one has a tendency to learn about their world. The other thing being that my forefathers were part and parcel in the making of that constitution that you feel know one but you can understand. I'd be willing to bet that you are at best, 2nd or maybe 3rd generation American. Recent additions ( and nothing to be proud of either) to a great country like America is.

So, stick to your areas of expertise: Fixodent, Depends and Geritol

You are even more insulting than Ty. Most Canadians know more about your constitution than you know about anything else in the world, Under-Pants.

I'll guarentee you this much, that you and dipshyte Ty know nothing about Canada except what some deadbeat political hack in your country has told his audience so that he won't have to admit his total ignorance about anything outside the Boundaries of the USA.

So why not go back to your chicken arsed little world and beat up on your little blow up doll.
2006-06-02 @ 19:25
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
To All readers on this DB at TravelGolf.

I apologize to you for the above comments.

Not to The spineless wonder named Ty who would denigrate the sacrifice that One-Putt and all who serve in the American armed forces as well as the Canadian Armed forces have made for their protection.

I will not apologize to that other person , Judas Small or rather Judge Smail aka Under-parr.

Both of those people are insulting to the Service people of both countries, insulting to women and insulting to the readers of this blog.

But more than anything, they insult everything that your constitution and your government stand for by their small minded and belittling attitude of others efforts.
Your constitution is supposed to guarentee the right of all people the freedom to pursue their dreams and their happiness, but if left up to Little Judas, aka J. Smail, women would be made to retreat to turn of the 18th century stature. Virtual slaves, allowed the right to be any mans property and brood mares for their pleasure and procreation.

Abraham Lincoln would roll over in his grave at the very thought that people like those two would make up part of his American dream.
One-Putt, even in Canada, your efforts are not unrecognized. You remind us that without sacrifice, there is no freedom. Without freedom, we become slaves to beligerents such as the Judge Smails and the Ty's of the world.

My thanks to you and all your comrades in arms for making the world a bit safer.

2006-06-02 @ 19:48
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
Thanks putt4par, I'm still waiting for Ty's address, but I guess he found some hole to climb back into. I need his address to forward my dry cleaning bill.
2006-06-02 @ 22:46
Comment from: John Neal [Visitor]
One-putt,

One tour was enough for me, thanks for the extra six-months.

For any Canadian, Australian, Republic of Korean and other nationalities who also served there. Thanks for the support. I appreciated it when I was there, I still appreciate it.

If you ever need someone to cover your back, let me know, you sure did heck of a good job of covering mine.

Thanks.
2006-06-03 @ 14:31
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
Ain't nuthing but a thing man.
2006-06-03 @ 15:26
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
For those who are serving or have served our country (or their own) in the name of freedom and democracy I too thank you. :-)
2006-06-03 @ 16:25
Comment from: Dave from Summit [Visitor]
It has just occurred to me the reason some of us, myself included, wish Wie to succeed. Wie's efforts remind us of the "American Dream" in which one sets a lofty goal, works hard, and persveres despite of obstacles in one's way. The loftier the goal, the harder one works, and the more one perseveres, the more one is admired. I am proud of being an American because in this country one does not have to be from a certain race, of a certain gender, believe in a certain religion, or of a certain age if one wants to succeed. One is free to choose one's own goal and then to work hard to achieve the unachievable. In this spirit, I say to Michelle Wie: You go girl!
2006-06-03 @ 17:14
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Old man,

First of all, I'm a man whose opinion on a constitutional issue was actually sought out by someone producing a documentary (I'm a writer). I just wanted to mention that.

I shall repeat: you know little about the American Constitution.
2006-06-03 @ 23:11
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Old man,

First of all, I'm a man whose opinion on a constitutional issue was actually sought out by someone producing a documentary (I'm a writer). I just wanted to mention that.

I shall repeat: you know little about the American Constitution.
2006-06-03 @ 23:11

>>>(oh, now I know little about it? lol, good one. Now we are starting to see some progress here.)
2006-06-04 @ 00:36
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor]
I watched the last LPGA tournament for 15 minutes...watching grass grow is far more exciting! No wonder that Miss Wie enjoys playing on the PGA Tour.
2006-06-04 @ 01:55
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Old man,

First of all,
***I'm a man*** ^-^??? really?

whose
***opinion***
Oh surely you jest? and then again, you seem to have a lot to say about very little but as you say you may be right, you do seem to explode with opinions.

on a constitutional issue was

***actually sought out by someone producing a documentary***

A left wing radical, no doubt!

***(I'm a writer).***
rofl, Is it to be found in the humor section or the comic section of Saturdays paper?


***I just wanted to mention that.***
Oh, I'l just bet you did. Self important little bastige, aren't you? Cock-of-the walk to be sure, Peacock or Ostridge? No doubt preening in front of the mirror at this very moment?

***I shall repeat: you know little about the American Constitution. ***
Oh please, repeat it all you want but you are still wrong.

2006-06-03 @ 23:11

I must admit you have definitely amused me. Please, keep up with your scintillating
and humorous prose, we all need a good laugh occasionaly.
2006-06-04 @ 12:07
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Joe Cool, The LPGA tour is not as interesting as the PGA tour because the men bomb the golf ball farther than the women.

I like watching the women play when I want to see consistency...fairways and greens.
Similar to the Champions Tour.
2006-06-04 @ 13:02
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Actually, Stacy, there's not that great a disparity between the two tours with respect to the statistics in the accuracy categories. Moreover, when you consider the fact that the women play on wider fairways with less punitive rough and hit to more receptive greens with easier pin placements, it's not a stretch to say that the men are more accurate.
2006-06-04 @ 13:26
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
The old man said:

"Peacock or Ostridge?"

Old man, I'm not sure what an "ostridge" is, but you could be referring to the large avian creature known as an "ostrich." Watch out for Alzheimers.

As far as my character goes, I'm more of an Eagle.
2006-06-04 @ 13:40
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
The old man said:

"Peacock or Ostridge?"

Old man, I'm not sure what an

***"ostridge"****
Ostridge... cross between and ostrich and a ridgeback hog that wallows in it's on slime.
kind of a barfy little plumed piglet.




..is, but you could be referring to the large avian creature known as an "ostrich." Watch out for Alzheimers.

As far as my character goes, I'm more of an
***Eagle**** Yep, like the old indian that used to predict the weather here . When asked why he called himself walking EAGLE, he said it was cause he was so full of sh@t he couldn't fly.

You are that type of eagle alright.
2006-06-04 @ 13:40

Still, I must say that it is always amusing to see a puffed up little toad like you get your feathers ruffled.
2006-06-04 @ 14:31
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Sorry, old man, but you couldn't ruffle my feathers even if you did still have some testosterone coursing through your compromised veins. When I interact with you, a certain saying comes to mind: "There's no fool like an . . .."
2006-06-04 @ 23:58
Comment from: Edwin Olweny [Visitor]
Phew! ...... all this talk will be finally over after monday's qualifier. Oh! wait a minute, I forgot about the "I TOLD U SO's". ....

.... but before the grand finale to it all, what I can't stand is one person telling another what they can't do! ..... as in Michelle Wie will NOT qualify because yada yada yada ... . I am not so much a MW fan as I am a fan of anyone who strives to achieve!

.... and as Dave so eloquently pointed out, the US open is an "Open" tournament with no restrictions to age, creed, sex, etc ..... except maybe if you have three arms ..... you do read the news ... he he he he?

But can you imagine though if Michelle does.. God fordid.... qualify by some celestial intervention??? Woooo nelly, now that will be a real m*&ha f*$#er, wouldn't it?

PS: I am wearing a hard hat for all the shit and bricks that will be hurled at me when she falls flat on her face on monday. It will make the english soccer fan seem like the Pope and his cardinals. Oh damn!
2006-06-05 @ 02:45
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Sorry, old man, but you couldn't ruffle my feathers even if you did still have some testosterone coursing through your compromised veins. When I interact with you, a certain saying comes to mind:

*** "There's no fool like an . . .." ***

You have been proving that point about yourself for days, Little fella, I'm surprised that you finally recognised yourself at last.
2006-06-04 @ 23:58
2006-06-05 @ 04:27
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Fraser, why should Michelle turn down sponsor's exemptions into men's events if they are being handed to her? I know that if I was fortunate enough to be in her position I would take all exemptions and ask questions later.
*********************************************
Any company offering Wie an exemption should be boycotted ! ! !
2006-06-05 @ 05:35
Comment from: Brian J [Visitor]
John D said, "Any company offering Wie an exemption should be boycotted ! ! !"

I couldn't agree with John D any more. I don't think anybody deserves to be paid much more than I am. Maybe a little more, but not by a stretch. Michelle Wie is only 16 and she hasn't won yet. How dare she are getting paid millions of dollars. We should boycott any company that she endorses so that no company will give anything to Wie.

Come to think of it, we should all boycott other companies that give money to other players too. I know they all have their talent and tried their best to become as they are now but I also has some talent and work hard as others. So I admit that they should get paid more than I am but not millions dollars more.

I am also sick and tired of people talking about Wie. Wie doesn't deserve to be that famous and popular. She hasn't won yet. Disgustingly she is only 16 and a girl. She should just study and try hard to be a housewife rather than challenging men in the PGAT.

I think she is really not only bat for LPGA also for PGA as well. She will never win a PGA game and she will never be as dominant as Annika is now. It's a fact.

I am saying this because I know I have a right to say anything I want according to the Constitution.

I know Wie has talent and had some success so far but she doesn't deserve any of the exemptions she has received. Nor does she deserve her endorsement money.

I am, as a matter of fact, against all of endorsement deals and commercials. Only people getting benefit from these are celebrities and CEO's and the rich. Commoners have to pay for money spent on endorsement deals and commercials. And also multi-million dollars spent for CEO's and high-paid actors and investors should be deprived of their wealth.

I hate those people who make way too much money. I don't need their charity. Even though I admire their talent and effort, I hate when they received too much money compared to me or other commoners. But I don't mind them getting paid a little bit more than I, though.

Wie Warriors, don't insult me because I am just expressing my opinion. I know I have a right to express my opinion.

I forgot to mention one more thing. I also hate Wie Warriors even though I don't have hard feeling toward them. I only hate them because they support Wie, whom I hate.

Thanks.


2006-06-05 @ 07:07
Comment from: Brian J [Visitor]
John D, I admire your effectiveness in writing. I think the main point I tried to make was the same as yours but you did it with only one sentence while I had to use several dozens.
2006-06-05 @ 07:13
Comment from: Brian J [Visitor]
OK, one more thing. I hate Wie because she has been getting exemptions and endorsement deals even though I think she has great talent and is very nice girl.
2006-06-05 @ 07:17
Comment from: Brian J [Visitor]
Ty said, "Michelle Wie will never have these results in the Men's U.S. Open or any other PGA tournament for that matter--and that isn't an insult, or a putdown, it's just a fact."

Hey Ty, you took the word right out of my mouth. Wie will not win the Women's US Open this year either. It's not an insult or putdown. It's a fact.
2006-06-05 @ 07:24
Comment from: Edwin Olweny [Visitor]
Mr. Brian J you said among many other disagreeable statements ...

"She will never win a PGA game and she will never be as dominant as Annika is now. It's a fact."

Fact?? The girl has just turned pro! Annika is an old woman by comparison. I might also add, Annika also dominated when she was competing against a dilute talent pool or old bats .... have you seen the last few tournaments including yesterday which was won by a rookie.??? She has wilted. The other girls are bringing in their "A" game on sunday shooting 63's and 64's.

How good was Annika when she was Michelle's age? Do you know? Get your FACTs right ...when you do get them, before you make noise.

Just a side note .... Phil will be hard pressed to repeat those miracle shots at Winged Foot. He better plan on keeping the ball out of the rough around the green! BTW I don't believe he will win it ..... notice I said don't believe.

2006-06-05 @ 10:26
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
At this time, MW is 1 under going into the ninth hole. Not to shabby for someone without a chance , don't you think, Brian J?
2006-06-05 @ 11:04
Comment from: Edwin Olweny [Visitor]
Bogie free I might add after 16 holes ! ....... knock knock knock .... is this thing on? .... where are Brian J and Frazer .... Norman .... anyone? he he he he ;-))
2006-06-05 @ 13:07
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
HAHAHA, she shoots 68 on her first round.
2006-06-05 @ 13:36
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
HAHAHA - NO WIN WIE - CHOKE ! ! ! !
2006-06-05 @ 19:03
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
What even the most fanatical Wie Warrior should recognize is that Bubbles didn't even come close to qualifying. After making it to the sectionals by qualifying in perhaps the weakest local preliminary, her handlers cherry picked the sectional for her. Forty-four of the best non-qualified pros remained in Columbus for the sectional there after the Memorial. Among them were Jeff Maggert, J.B. Holmes, Brett Wetterich, and Aaron Baddeley, ALL winners in full field PGA tour events in 2006. 20 others at Columbus were previous PGA winners. The field at Canoe Brook, while full of competent golfers, did not compare with the one at Columbus. Her agents undoubtedly knew of this. Michelle practiced for FOUR days on the two courses prior to today's competition, something not feasible for the average journeyman pro or amateur. She chipped in from about 70 feet for a birdie. she scored a 68 on on the easier of the two courses, her number of fairways and greens hit were very favorable, and yet she still was no factor in the competition, she couldn't close the deal yet again. She was quite simply outclassed, as she will always be when she tries to compete with men. Wie Warriors, you've just got to face the facts.
2006-06-05 @ 21:25
Comment from: Brian J [Visitor]
Right on Alex, well said. Wie gave in again. She is the only one who won't compete with men because others will never try any way. Women's golf is doomed. This is the end of LPGA because they don't stand a chance against the best golfers - men. Why would they play golf if they cannot compete against the best in the world? They need a reality check, don't you agree Alex?

2006-06-05 @ 23:03
Comment from: Brian J [Visitor]
John D said, "HAHAHA - NO WIN WIE - CHOKE ! ! ! !"

You are right again. She choked again. I don't understand why she keep choking while others don't. Is she cursed by some witches? Maybe she shoud stop playing golf and find her place - shoping malls and night clubs. She has enough money to spend for the rest of her life. Alex and John D and I will do that if we had that much money. Quit the job and party on like there is no tomorrow!

2006-06-05 @ 23:09
Comment from: Edwin Olweny [Visitor]
John D, Alex, and Brian J

The infamous trio of loosers! I just checked to see just how much she choked, and guess what? She is choking all the way to the bank baby!!! .... while you guys are there flapping your gums. Her stock has just shot up another notch. She is a fighter, courageous, and ... ahem..... rich already!

.... and John D, she won't need to find her place in the malls or night clubs ..... she will OWN the malls and night clubs where you will go to spend your money to pay her.

Huh! choke? .... you must have your pant on too tight.

I'm out!
2006-06-06 @ 13:29
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
Edwin Olweny, What are you out of, besides gray matter?
2006-06-06 @ 14:00
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Perhaps Wie WILL win a U.S. Open this week...
2006-06-06 @ 18:01
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
Stacy, If indeed Bubbles wins anything this week it definitely will not be a US Open as you should well know. The event she will competing in on an exemption is the US Women's Open. The key is the word WOMEN'S. Men are specifically excluded. Stacy, perhaps you can tell us why.
2006-06-06 @ 19:26
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
Edwin Olweny You must have your underware on your head.....backwards I might add, cause you can't see sh1t!!!!
2006-06-06 @ 20:58
Comment from: Edwin Olweny [Visitor]
John D ..... Oh! oh! .... is that the best you can come up with? That sounds like the grade school material I hear my nephew call the local bullies. Besides, my underware does have leg holes I would be seeing through. Are yours ...um....do they not have holes for your legs? You do have legs...right? I wonder, are you and Alex both golfers?

Alex ..... apparently this so called gray matter has finally pierced your thick skin. You could say I am 1 - up.

he he he he!

... and Alex, be real, nobody is suggesting that the best female golfer would be better than a male golfer as your response to Stacy would suggest. That's rediculous. If that's what is making you froth at the mouth all this time then all this din has been uncalled for. We are on the same side!! That's why men cannot play on the womens tour while it makes sense the other way.

Lastly, you got me all scared and I just nipped my arm, and thank God I am red inside. Phew!

See you next year at the qualifiers! ...... I am done with Wie blogging for this year. Enjoy.

2006-06-07 @ 02:57
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
Edwin Old-weeny - You one up, I think not. Get your facts straight, I was nt the person who commented about malls. That is why you deserve the comment about not being able to see SH1T. Get your facts straight....Typical Wie warrior, always makeing something up to make Wie look better than she is. STILL a LOSER ! ! !
2006-06-07 @ 05:25
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
Looks like Big Ed has checked out. Too bad. He could have been a contender for the Alan Cup. It's my guess that he'll be back before a year is up. Maybe even today.
2006-06-07 @ 10:06
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Yes, contending for the Alan Cup requires not just potential, but perseverence as well.
2006-06-07 @ 13:01
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
And we Endeavor to Persevere
2006-06-07 @ 17:18
Comment from: Ford [Visitor]
"HAHAHA she shoots 68 on her first round" putt4par 13:36

"Bogie free I might add after 16 holes" Edwin Olewny 13:07

5 and a half hours later, nothing but silence from the cackling, mocking Wie Warriors. Haven't you guys learned your lesson by now. Michelle will play just well enough to give you hope, she will take you tantalizingly close, but she will never get you the win, or the made cut you so desperatly crave.

Poor Edwin finally dried his tears and came back with his tail between his legs a day later, only to fire off the classic Wie Warrior mantra. "You guys are all losers." "Michelle Wie is rich, so who cares how she plays or whether she wins or not." I have a suggestion to make, save yourself the pain and humiliation and pick a new favorite golfer one that might be able to win on the course, not just off the course. If endorsement deals and ad money are all you care about then by all means stick with the winless one.
2006-06-08 @ 11:01
Comment from: Jim H [Visitor]
Michelle is a fine golfer,however,something she has forgotten is ,anatomically she just better hope she's not the same as the guys,Just like GI Jane becoming a Navy Seal,(which will never happen)Ms.Wie forgets that the musculature she is built with is built for different tasks than that of a man,she has the game to kick my ass on the golf course,I don't think I would need to worry about her in a fight,the reason I mentiion this is simply a matter of construction. What is the big deal about a women being a women? I don't Know about the rest of you but I prefer a women to be feminine,Will Wie win the US Open? Not a chance!Of course some idiot insisted that women be alllowed into combat,and the so called femininists cheered.Michelle go play with the girls,and whoop em all. Me i'm gonna sit down at the American Legion Hall with the "lazy guys" and watch,mayb even bend my elbow a couple times
2006-09-02 @ 13:47
Comment from: Molly [Visitor] Email
Thank you for Showing golf things!!! i love to golf and I'm so happy you do to!
2007-01-18 @ 10:37

Comments are closed for this post.

 
Swing Fix