« K.J. Choi leads Sony Open; Ferreira ahead at Joburg OpenDaniel Chopra wins PGA Tour season opener Mercedes-Benz Championship »

Comment from: Joe R [Visitor] Email
I believe the comment made by Kelly was unfortunate but was not racist or mean spirited. Only a racist like Sharpton would think so. Everyone with a brain knows what she meant and we have heard many comments in other sports similar when on athlete has been dominate. If she had said kidnap him or pay for an around the world cruise it is all the same. Thre point id if you want to win....keep Tiger off the course. In reality it was a compliment of the highest level but the choice of words were unfortunate.

I look forward to Kelly being on Golf Channel for a long time and I hope that the GOlf Channel does not overreact on this.
01/10/08 @ 11:53
Comment from: Patrick Turner [Visitor] Email
Everything is about intent. If not, carelessness. My take is that Al Sharpton is looking for, as usual, a World Stage. He is the full blown RACIST in my opinion. I think due to his racist tendencies, HE SHOULD BE BANNED from all media for the next two weeks and apologize to all golf fans for his arrogance.
01/10/08 @ 12:59
Comment from: Bob [Visitor] Email
When will somebody call for Al Sharpton's firing? Oh, that's right, he doesn't have a job. That is, unless you call being a racist a job. The whole country would be a lot better off if he would just SHUT UP! He does more harm than good. Americans of every color are tired of his foolishness. How come you never complained to Mike Tyson years ago when he called reporters honkey and whitey? I guess that was ok!
One more thought, how come he isn't in jail for going to Mexico to meet with a fugitive, escaped prisoner? If both parties were white, they would both be in jail. Hey Al, ever hear of aiding and abbetting a fugitive. Quit trying to get people fired, nobody's going to offer you their job.
01/10/08 @ 16:00
Comment from: golfinLA [Visitor]
Lay off of Al? If not for Al Sharpton--Just WHO would speak up? As for Kelly- Sorry everyone! I don't buy it...A clearly racist comment...time for CHANGE.
01/10/08 @ 17:01
Comment from: Bryan [Visitor] Email
When you are a paid professional and you make a mistaked on national television action must be taken but in the case of the Golf Channel no actions were going to be taken until AL Sharpton spoke up. So for once Al you are right.
01/10/08 @ 17:06
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Yes, and I wonder when all the black people who make bigoted comments on a regular basis will be called to account. We can start with the rappers who call on other blacks to "kill whitey." Don't think I don't know about that, Wayne.
01/11/08 @ 13:18
Comment from: Hollis [Visitor] Email
A commentator on television essentially says "drag the N*gg*r behind a truck and then string him up on a tree until he dies"...and people DON'T think that's racist???? HUH??? I'm about as white as it gets, and even I think that's racist. Fire her. She should know better and should be held accountable to a higher standard than the general public because of her national exposure.
01/13/08 @ 11:53
Comment from: Red [Visitor] Email
Oh for god's sake. I'm a white woman and I find the comment offensive. It's analogous to saying a female golfer should be raped in a back alley. It's imagery and language specifically attached to a particular group.

Of all the words in the English language she could only think of lynch? Talk about having a blonde moment. What a bimbo.
01/19/08 @ 10:43
Comment from: Sports Nut [Visitor] Email
Wow, nasty comment hope he gets fired for good.
03/13/08 @ 01:18