« Wales Open to be held at 2010 Ryder Cup host courseOchoa wins Samsung World Championship, LPGA Tour player of the year award »

Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Dot,

Bubbles may start going through agents as frequently as she has gone through caddies.
10/15/07 @ 14:34
Comment from: ToddCommish [Visitor] Email
It's only a matter of time (hours likely) that the Wie Warriors pop up and blame the agent for Michelle's recent golf woes.

"It's her agent's fault she had such a crappy year. He was mean and made her actually play in hard tournaments rather than letting her just collect endorsement paychecks."
10/15/07 @ 14:52
Comment from: JTW [Visitor] Email
What bad timing, just as Wie is showing progress!!

She didn't finish last, that has been a long time coming!!!
10/15/07 @ 17:14
Comment from: Norman [Visitor] Email
Hey Alex, old buddy.
How ya keepin mate.

Agents and caddies are like tissues.
They are disposable.

Her agent has moved on. Not a big deal.
10/15/07 @ 18:35
Comment from: JR [Visitor] Email
Sounded like the agent was jumping ship before the final crash. I guess he didn't want to get fired like her caddie did so he left on his own. After all, Michelle Wie appears to be all about excuses. It's never her, it is always something or someone else. I kind of feel sorry for all the fanatical Wie fans... it looks like all of those "youngest to..." records have come to an end now that she's 18. Well, look on the bright side.. she still could be the youngest female "has been" or "never was" although that probably belongs to some tennis player.
10/15/07 @ 22:37
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
"After careful consideration for my future" I'ma gettin the hell outta here!!!!
10/15/07 @ 23:00
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
“In my mind, I didn’t play bad because I played bad; I played bad because I shouldn’t have played,” she said. “The decision was on my part. But it wasn’t really my fault either, because I really wanted to play.”

Good grief!! this is a Stanford University freshman speaking?!
10/15/07 @ 23:22
Comment from: Oui Oui Oui [Visitor] Email
Since when did a sports agent become the good guy?

The matter could be very simple: Wie is not winning enough prize money, nor is she getting new endorsement deals, the agent is simply not making his 10%. He quits so that he can make money off some other athletes.
10/16/07 @ 06:55
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
oui oui oui,
Well stated...with agents and caddies it is all about the money. Nared did say "after careful consideration for MY future."
10/16/07 @ 10:09