« Tiger Woods vaults back on top at Doral; Lorena Ochoa cruising at SafewayFederer visits Tiger at Doral; LPGA releases banned substance list »

Comment from: Jim C [Visitor] Email
Thanks for the update on the Michelle Wie injury situation. I look forward to Michelle Wie's next event, whenever that will be.
03/23/07 @ 16:29
Comment from: RonMon [Visitor] Email
Any YouTube video on the Wie fall? How do you fall while running in Hawaii? It happens on ice and snow here in western New York all the time.
03/24/07 @ 06:25
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
RonMon

I wonder the same thing.

A recent Honolulu Star-Bulletin article said she fell while on a visit to Stanford.

Did the fall occur in Palo Alto or Oahu?

I have never heard of a slightly injured wrist requiring so much time to heal.

Several PGA golfers are playing right now with wrist injuries as slight as that.
03/24/07 @ 07:04
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
Kids fall down, kids get hurt Alex and then they get all better in most cases. Who gives a Rat's A@@ where it happened.

Give the kid a break and she will play the game of golf when she can.

I am detecting Michelle Wie withdrawal symptoms in you Alex. Be patient your favorite subject will return soon enough after she completes her rehab.

Golf is just a game Alex, right?
03/24/07 @ 08:16
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
One-Putt,

Will this be the one case where the kid doesn't get better? Looks like it.

Some of you Wie-wee's who have predicted victory, even major victory, for Bubbles in 2007 might be thinking of hedging your bets.

I expect the excuses to start fairly soon.

One of the best should be "We'll never know how many tournaments Bubbles would have won if she hadn't been so severely injured, but we know she would have won several including at least one major. And besides, it's not important for her to win anyway.Her studies at Stanford made it difficult for her to practice, etc. etc."
03/24/07 @ 09:10
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
Well at least she won't have to live in the dorm at Stanford Alex. The Wie's are buying a house in Palo Alto.

You know Alex, Stanford is very expensive, so they may need the resident tuition rate to make ends meet.

Hopefully Michelle can make a few bucks from her part time job to give her an allowance.

03/24/07 @ 15:56
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
"Comment from: Alex [Visitor]

According to your post, accuracy in reporting is of no consequence where Bubbles is concerned. Some folks like me actually do give a rat's ass about such things."

Here is what was reported:

Ligament strain (right wrist) hitting a ball off a cart path at the Samsung.

Ligament strain (left wrist) running backwards during a training session at Stanford.

This said Alex; according to your favorite rag (the New York Times) in yesterdays edition, Michelle was recovering from a broken wrist.

Hell the Times can't even copy a UPI sports release and quote it accurately.
03/24/07 @ 17:59
Comment from: Jim C [Visitor] Email
Could it be that Michelle Wie and Nancy Lopez will each make their season debut in the Ginn Open in 3 weeks? Wouldn't it be funny if a player with no realistic chance to win grabs the spotllight away from Michelle Wie in an event where she very well might win? I'm sure we will hear no complaints from Michelle if it does happen.
03/24/07 @ 19:53
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Jim C,

Bubbles probably won't be competing three weeks from now, According to One-Putt she is still in "rehab", and she won't play until she is ready.

Jimbo, what exactly is the gist of the last sentence in your post? The way it translates is that Bubbles has an excellent chance to win at the Ginn, but she might not if Nancy Lopez "grabs the spotlight" by entering the tournament. And Bubbles surely will not complain "if it does happen."
If what happens? What would there be to complain about? Please clarify your statements. Thank you.
03/25/07 @ 08:41
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
One-Putt,

You have greater access to all things Wie than I have, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Buubles has only played two rounds of tournament golf in about six months. Those were the two les-than-spectacular rounds at the Sony in early January. If and when she does get another sponsors' exemption, she an all the Wie Warriors will have a ready made excuse if her play continues to be substandard, "She hasn't had time to practice adequately, neither of her fragile wrists has healed properly yet, " and on and on.

O-P, you may read the New York Times, and give credence to its drivel, but I do not. The only time I ever look at the NYT is when someone leaves a copy on a seat in the waiting area of an airport.
03/25/07 @ 08:57
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
"Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email

One-Putt,

That is the latest that I've read, that she fell down at Stanford, but previously the story was that Bubbles latest "injury" occurred at a beach park on Oahu. I really doesn't matter to me, it's just that it seems a very long time for a slight injury to heal."

I would agree Alex that is must have been more serious than a slight injury for Michelle to miss the KNC, a Major tournament she has finished in the top ten for the past three years. She was a chip away from winning the tournament last year.

Alex I did find one good use for the Sunday edition of the New York Times if I can find one, puppy training. It gives me great pleasure to watch as they piss and crap on the treasonous NY Times.
03/25/07 @ 14:00
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
"Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email

One-Putt,

Alex I did find one good use for the Sunday edition of the New York Times if I can find one, puppy training. It gives me great pleasure to watch as they do their business on the treasonous NY Times.
03/25/07 @ 14:01
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
Dot please use the more politically correct second post. :-)
03/25/07 @ 14:04