« Tanihara to play in Masters; Sorenstam offers young golfer a spot in LPGA Ginn TributeTiger wins Buick Invitational, edging closer to PGA Tour history; Funk tops at Turtle Bay »

Comment from: fair is fair [Visitor] Email
01/30/07 @ 09:41
Comment from: smudge [Visitor] Email
01/30/07 @ 10:47
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
"Comment from: smudge [Visitor] Email
Ok When is this chick ever going to earn her right to play in an event? The easy ride she is being provided merely because at 13 she could hit the ball a long way is pathetic."

Yeah, what is up with that? What are you going to do with a "Chick" that played well enough in limited events to hold a LPGA card as a 14, 15, 16 and yes now as a 17 year old.? Where is the outrage that she might never have to attend "Q school" if she joins the LPGA tour?

It is terrible that last season she stole enough money out of the pockets of real LPGA players to finish in 15th place on the LPGA money list if she were a member. Thank God she only plays in eight women's events a year or she would be stealing the food off their plates even more than she already has.

Man those Sponsors are really stupid to ask Michelle Wie to enter their event. What could she possibly do to benefit them by her appearance?

Got to go, I see a smudge I need to wipe up off the floor.

01/30/07 @ 13:02
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
"Comment from: fair is fair [Visitor] Email
I will wait with baited breath for the blogs bashing Sergio for lending his name to a golf course design in Dubai."

The cups will be 55 gallon oil drums sunk into the green. That way Sergio and the Shieks might make a few putts.
01/30/07 @ 14:23
Comment from: PaulF [Visitor] Email
Finishing tied for 3rd place in last years event seems to me Wie earned a spot in this years event. Unfortunately the LPGA does not have the same rules as the PGA for major championship events. Can someone tell me why?
01/31/07 @ 08:31
Comment from: PaulF [Visitor] Email
Smudge, I believe the "getting something for free" was in reference to her PGA sponsors exemptons, not LPGA exemptions. I see your point, but I feel she is under considerable pressure when she does play in LPGA events. The question is will she ever win under this pressure. I think she will, but not this year.
01/31/07 @ 14:29
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
I guess you didn't read my post smudge, Michelle finished high enough in money earned to be in the top 90 on the LPGA Tour. Q School is not required. She walks on a fully exempt player with all the rights.

Michelle is not eligible to "Monday Qualify" for LPGA events (professional status) and can never play more than six events on sponsors exemptions. Of course she qualifies as a player for the two majors held outside the tour based on past performance.

That is earning your way.
01/31/07 @ 14:37
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
smudge,

You just don't get it. Bubbles , according to One-Putt and other Wie sycophants DESERVES to receive exemptions from qualifying.

Why? Because she is something SPECIAL. Because she is GOOD. Because she is going to take golf to another level never before achieved.

Does the Queen of England need to qualify? Does Britney Spears have to qualify for anything? No and no! Bubbles is royalty. If you don't believe it, just ask one of her brown-nosers.

One-Putt doesn't think that Bubbles should even have to qualify for graduation from highschool by attending the required number of days and/or weeks.
02/01/07 @ 19:22
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
That is between Michelle, her parents, Punahou Administration and Stanford admissions isn't it Alex?

Or maybe your thinking you should have a say in her life?

In the words of Michelle Wie, "Get Over It" Alex.
02/02/07 @ 21:26
Comment from: Alex [Visitor]
One-Putt,

It surely is the concern only of the aforementioned parties. It is not my business or, for that matter, yours.

But the last time I looked, the first amendment had not been repealed.

I personally think that it is an abomination to afford such preferential treatment to a faux star like Bubbles. You obviously think she deserves royal dotage since she is a prodigy, a personality, and "very special", a once-in-a-lifetime phenom.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. It's merely a matter of difference of opinion.
02/03/07 @ 07:57
Comment from: Houdini [Visitor] Email
Smudge is a pathetic, chauvinistic, illiterate douche-bag. He has no concept of how to actually read stats, money earning lists, etc., or he would have been better informed before opening his piss-flaps. Just pathetic.
03/23/07 @ 19:35