« Cover the Masters, Rob a Bank for ExpensesGolf is Better Than Hollywood, and then some. »

Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Oh, when I saw "double bogey" in the title, I thought it referred to Hale Irwin's on the 17th hole of the Champions Tour event. When I found out it was Woods, I stopped reading.
03/18/07 @ 23:57
Comment from: sid [Visitor] Email
I like Tiger and wish him all the best, however, he quit on sunday.

He really needs to study Rocco Mediate instead of being such big pouting baby.
Also, he should remember what his dad told him [when he was a child] that
the game does not owe him anything......

He should remember the fans who wish him well and know that he is
obligated to do his best under any circumstances.

So! although, I am a card carrying tiger person it is my wish that he does
not win a major this year! ..... just to teach him a lesson!
03/19/07 @ 12:42
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
sid,

Woods prides himself on the fact that he never "bags it." He never quits. He never goes through the motions. He always gives it his best.

If you think that Tiger quit yesterday, you are just wrong.

The Bay Hill layout, especially the back nine, played very difficult on Sunday.
Even Vijay , the winner, had three bogeys on the back nine.

Tiger had a disastrous final two holes, and he probably drove off in a huff rather than give Jimmy Roberts an interview, but he definutely didn't quit.

Seven other golfers shot 76, as did Tiger, eight others scored 77. four shot 78, three shot 79, and six finished at 80 or more. Did they all quit? I think the answer to that question is obvious.

You may be one of those who expects too much of Woods. His tournament was not a complete catastrophe.
Tiger is good, he is a super star, but he doesn't win them all, nor does he come close to that goal. He does win almost one out of four events he enters. And you can rest assured that he will never quit no matter where he is in the tournament.
03/19/07 @ 16:47
Comment from: sid [Visitor] Email
Hey Alex,

The interesting truth is, expecting Tiger to win every time would be unrealistic.

Nevertheless, I don't like to see him pouting. Remember that there are lot of
kids watching, and they should understand that it's ok to have a bad day.

As I said before, I am a Tiger-card-carrying person. He is the best!

Sorry for the misunderstanding Alex.
03/19/07 @ 17:27
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
Real golf fans did not pick up their remotes to surf aimlessly through channels. Rather we cheered Vijay on to victory!!!
03/19/07 @ 19:42
Comment from: Booger [Visitor] Email
Cheering for Rocco is also a painless procedure.
03/19/07 @ 20:32
Comment from: Trevor Stevens [Visitor] Email
Cheering for all these flashes of brilliance is a waste of time. They are nothing but a footnote in the history of golf.

BTW, can someone confirm to me if TGC broadcast their thursday and friday round on HD?
03/20/07 @ 15:33