« Taking off for Malaysia golfDonald Trump's Aberdeen golf resort is finally coming to Scotland - for real this time »

Comment from: Stacy [Visitor] Email
Day two of the ADT Championship and Annika Sorenstam is currently tied for 18th place. A 74 and 75 is hardly great golf but she does have a huge following and is one of the greatest players on the LPGA Tour.

I will miss watching her effortless drives.

Hopefully her "retirement" will encourage other top ladies to step up and fill her shoes.

Ochoa is the next Sorenstam..I hope that is good enough to take the LPGA to the next level.
11/21/08 @ 15:18
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
Good luck Annika to your future and what you hope to accomplish. As for Michelle, there is really no guarantee that she will get her LPGA card on Dec.7th. She has never been liked very much on the LPGA Tour and by not making up with the "Queen Bee" her future on the LPGA does not look bright. If she does not get her card, then she will probably play a few tournaments in 2009 and concentrate on her college life. It will be interesting to see what happens during the next sixteen days.
11/21/08 @ 19:26
Comment from: Art [Visitor] Email
I can't believe how stupid the LPGA leaders are. How could they be so dumb as to drug test annika on her last tournament
11/21/08 @ 20:47
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
Art,
I think "Bozo Bivens" is a name that fits very well!
11/21/08 @ 22:25
Comment from: Art [Visitor] Email
11/22/08 @ 01:10
Comment from: golfgirl [Visitor] Email
I must be missing something.

What was so wrong with having Annika take the drug test? Hadn't it been agreed upon that it would be a random selection? And didn't her name just happened to have been selected? So she had to pee in a cup? Like everyone has to do if they have to be drug tested? Um, yeah, I must be missing something.

I imagine that after missing the cut at her last tournament (for the time being) she probably didn't have much patience for anything, never mind a drug test.

But that's the way the rules were set up, the rules everyone agreed on, so there was no question she needed to do it. Right? Maybe the rules should be changed going forward so the same person doesn't have to get tested twice in a row, but for this time, the rules were established.

I admire Annika and I'm pretty sure she regrets her negative reaction, and now that a few days have passed, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't say so publicly. But the fans and press who suggested she should have been able to skip the test? Where are they coming from?
11/24/08 @ 19:44
Comment from: Jim C [Visitor] Email
golfgirl

You definitely do not want to change the rules to guarantee any players that they will not be tested at a particular tournament. The whole point of random testing is that anyone can be tested any tournament. Perhaps the rules should be changed so as to test everybody every week.
11/25/08 @ 20:39
Comment from: golfgirl [Visitor] Email
@ Jim C: I agree. I was just amazed at how many people thought it was outrageous that she got tested... and still can't figure it out.
11/27/08 @ 00:50
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
If it's random - it's random. I'm sure Bivens was not exactly overjoyed that Annika's name came up either. Imagine the outcry if she had decided to overrule the test, however, and that decision had become public?

11/27/08 @ 14:31