« British Open pick: Sergio Garcia (as usual) Northern Ireland trip planning: which golf courses to play and a County Down dilemma »

Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
Agreed. And precious little irks me more than people who haven't been to Europe since the 1960s talking about the "lukewarm beer." Utter nonsense.
07/14/08 @ 20:50
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
Word to that. I will take my beer out of the fridge and serve Wojohowitz a lukewarmie if that's wha' his wee heart desires. No craaaaap about that non-links course thing in Europe. Won't be happening, unless Castle Course gets it. Why don' ya bastards link to me and give me credit for broachin' this topic fahrst?
07/14/08 @ 20:55
Comment from: Brandon [Visitor] Email
I don't think the Castle Course would get it because there is no resort there - and who would want to play a big event within a mile of the Old and NOT ON the Old?

I would say the next links course to get it could be the Trump Aberdeen potential development.
07/14/08 @ 21:08
Comment from: Dave [Visitor] Email
I agree with you all. He has committed himself to playing in the States this week, and to fulfill that is honourable. He is doubtless one of the favourites to win the U.S. Bank Championship, whereas I couldn't see him winning The Open in all fairness.

I do hope the Ryder Cup is played on a links course again (a British one). I'd love to see it played played over Carnoustie, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, Royal St. George's, or this week's focal point, Royal Birkdale.

Yeah, what's all this lukewarm beer nonsense all about? I'm from the northeast of England, and had no idea what it was at all. Beer is best served chilled :)

By the way, has anybody taken a look at the Castle Course in St. Andrews? How's it shaping up?
07/15/08 @ 14:48
Comment from: Chris Baldwin [Visitor]
Hey Brandon buddy ole' pal. You don't have anywhere near as many hits as I do on my blogs the last three days.

Come on over and check out my chipmunk smile. Just watch out, for some reason the ground squirrels, chipmunks, and gofers are going into estrus over here everytime I step on a golf course.
07/15/08 @ 15:07
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
Pardon me but I'll hold my applause. I’m tired of hearing about Perry’s plan. He’s making a big mistake by passing on what is one of the best chances he'll ever have to win a major. He's hot and Tiger is out. Nobody in the world is playing better and it's on the most straightforward links course in the rota. He has a few top finishes in the Open already in his career so it's not like he doesn't play links well. The Ryder Cup spot was already guaranteed before last week so a change in “the plan” was definitely in order. You do earn Ryder Cup points in the Open too. It’s understood that all who qualify are released from their obligation to play in a weak field event once they qualify for a Major Championship. And it’s very unlikely that scores of fans rushed out to buy tickets to Milwaukee because they heard Kenny Perry was in the field.
07/15/08 @ 15:22
Comment from: Dave [Visitor] Email
The most straightforward links on the rota? I can't agree with you there.

Even if it is 'straightforward,' remember that its straightforward to everyone in the field, not just Perry!
07/15/08 @ 17:37
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
Nick Faldo described Royal Birkdale that way. There are fewer odd bounces and most of the course is right in front of you. Perhaps Muirfield is close to the same thing but I don't think the fairways are as level.
07/16/08 @ 09:30
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
BTuck, to answer your title's question - I don't care even a little bit. YAWN

Have you noticed these weirdo Dallas/Irving/Arlington rednecks creeping into everyone's comments? Guess Baldy caused more consternation than that guy who hit the golfballs at the bird a couple months back...LOL
07/16/08 @ 15:34
Comment from: Dave [Visitor] Email
If Faldo said it, fair enough.

Royal Liverpool and the Old Course were the kind of courses I had in mind for straightforwardness.
07/16/08 @ 16:00
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
Dave, I have to wonder if you have played the old Course. I have and straightforward is not a word I'd use to describe it. All I can say is thank God for those caddies.
07/17/08 @ 07:31
Comment from: Dave [Visitor] Email
Shanks, I have not played the Old Course. It may not be straightforward to you, but it is clear that the professionals these days don't find it quite so much a challenge as they used to. It's quite an easy course compared to Carnoustie, Lytham, and I dare say the rest of the Open rota. By the way, is Royal Liverpool on the rota permanently?
07/18/08 @ 21:20
Comment from: Jackie Stewart [Visitor] Email
I am unimpressed by Kenny Perry. It always troubles me when players focus on MAKING the Ryder Cup team, because when that is the goal, they are satisfied with making the team. Like when sports teams say they want to make the Super Bowl or get to the World Series. No, the goal is to WIN those events. So what will Kenny DO for the team? So he's from Kentucky and wants to play Valhalla in front of what he thinks will be adoring fans. What if he throws a 1-4 or 0-5 record out there?
07/19/08 @ 00:28
Comment from: vinsidinst01 [Visitor]
That is somewhat related to everything else today isn't it?
11/07/11 @ 06:14