« Celtic Manor Resort in Wales builds first golf course specifically intended for the spectacle of the Ryder Cup MatchesTiger Woods beats Lebron to win ESPN's Who's Now? But Nike the big winner in fixed contest »

Comment from: Shanks [Member] Email
As ever, BTuck, I'll look forward to your links adventures. Wales is definitely on the radar for future trips, as is SW England.
08/08/07 @ 08:14
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
While my petty jealousies will keep me from the breathless anticipation that Shanks seems to experience, I will still grudgingly peruse your reports from The Land Of No Vowels or, The Land Of Excessive Gs, Ls and Ws. However, I encourage you to blog after the Brains beer, for a bit more illumination. Just don't admit the source.
08/08/07 @ 12:09
Comment from: Golf Goddess [Visitor] Email
OMG, are you in Wales? It's what, 64 degrees outside?
It's 101 degrees Fahrenheit here in the States. Recalculated, that means it's 115 degrees on my balcony.
I'd give a gajillion dollars to be in Wales right now.
08/08/07 @ 22:01
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Just warm enough for short sleeves :-)
08/09/07 @ 03:06
Comment from: Shanks [Member] Email
Good God, will somebody please send Ron Monster on a 2 week trip to the UK? Apparently his brief stop in St. Andrews did not excite him about links golf. I'm pretty sure that a n extended stay would do the trick. After all, on Tom Watson's first trip he didn't enjoy himself either.
08/09/07 @ 08:56
Comment from: Terry Allyn [Visitor] Email
My adult son and I will be in Wales the last week in May. Plan on playing Pyle and Kenfig, Pennard, Tenby, Aberdovey, Royal St. David's, Nefyn and District and North Wales GC. I love the dunes, like the west coast of Ireland.Wild seaside links are more enjoyable to me than history or poshness so we'll be passing on Porthcall and Celtic Manor. Hey I'm an Okie, we've got some nice 'parkland' courses but we're short on seascapes and dunes.
I hesitate to make tee times since our schedule is a little iffy. Anyone have any advise for that time of year and those courses?
Terry