« Women's British Open host the Old Course at St. Andrews will be friendly to Ochoa - but it isn't for regular lady duffersI've got a surefire golf invention idea, who wants to make millions with me? »

Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
That's great news. Did you get it from my blog entry? You must be getting slow, grandma, as you get older.
07/29/07 @ 13:44
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
"There is a very fine line between good holes and bad holes. It seems like only a couple of shots were off line and it seems like those shots unfortunately became tragically disastrous.

"I feel like this season is going to make me a better player."

Quote from Michelle Wie after 5 bogies and 4 double bogies during her third round. Please, keep her away from press conferences!!
07/29/07 @ 14:06
Comment from: Joe R [Visitor] Email
Congrats to Natalie on a well deserved win !!!!!!!
07/29/07 @ 15:03
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
I wonder if she took a course in melodrama at Punahou School? She certainly utilizes hyperbole to define her own self. That and denial.
07/29/07 @ 15:38
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Actually Ron Mon we just get sun in the south and spend some time off the computer and practicing our wedges once in awhile.

That and I slept in till noon...

07/29/07 @ 15:56
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Joe Cool,

The fact we didn't really write about Wie's 84 was just killing you, huh?

07/29/07 @ 15:57
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor] Email
Nat, that was a great start to a new week. Congrats!

Btuck, you just gave me the best laugh of the day.
Thanks!
07/29/07 @ 16:30
Comment from: Jim C [Visitor] Email
Ron Mon

Do you think Michelle Wie should learn to act like a PGA pro and just storm off the course refusing to answer any questions by reporters?
07/29/07 @ 16:48
Comment from: George [Visitor]
Jim C
*****
*****

Or Wie could learn to act like many PGA pros and actually win a pro tournament someday.

-George
07/30/07 @ 12:03
Comment from: Ron Mon [Member] Email
Jim C. Of course not, you smoothie. She should not be in this situation to begin with. Since she is, she ought to be as pithy as possible and avoid the sugar-coated optimism.

Brucker, check the weather for western New York (you can read, no?) and you'll find out what sun is. I do envy the sleep in til noon concept, since I cannot last beyond 6 AM, no matter how hard I try to sleep in. Just how I'm wired, I guess.
07/30/07 @ 14:34
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
To offer some insight into Wie's press obligations...

Whenever a player is at a tournament under sponsor's exemption, it's assumed they will make themselves available to the media.

Wie wasn't under an exemption at the US Women's Open however, but the tournament directors did arrange for her to be available frequently - always on walkie-talkies with each other knowing where she was and ensuring she's come to the staging area.

It's in the tournament's interest to make anything newsworthy available to press - and everyone (except Vijay...) usually happily obliges, even after Wie withdrew in that second round. Just about all pro golfers understand where their checks are coming from.

07/30/07 @ 14:59
Comment from: robbrown [Visitor]
Well Done to Natalie, she is an Aussie is'nt she!
08/01/07 @ 09:13