« 17-over, Michelle Wie withraws from U.S. Women's Open: "pain brought tears to my eyes" U.S. Women's Open rain delays will one day be a thing of the past »

Comment from: smudge [Visitor]
WD for MW. Big surprise. She should never be permitted to tee it up again until she qualifies for the event she is playing in. She is an embarassment to all golfers, men and women, and a disgrace to amateur and professional sport.
06/30/07 @ 11:45
Comment from: garymialocq [Visitor]
Wie will quit again. Her confidence is shot and her swing looks nothing like it did when she was 14. Ledbetter and her father should be taken out and shot. You don't fool with a teen's beautiful natural swing in order to try to get her to hit it out with the boys. She may never get back to where she was two years ago. Very sad.
06/30/07 @ 11:49
Comment from: ray [Visitor] Email
I don't know why everyone keeps blaming Leadbetter. He tried to steer her away from the mens events where she was the one who started over-swinging. Simple truth is she doesn't have it. Her putts were ballooning again today and she just gave up. She'll take some heat for quiting but it's probably best as fast as she moves to get off the course. She followed that "thin line" right out into the parking lot!
06/30/07 @ 12:14
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Come on, guys!

Don't be so hasty in judging Bubbles.

After all, she is the most injury-prone teenager on Planet Earth.

Besides, she does have more important thing s to do than play golf.

In a few months, she'll well on her way to her PhD in economics. She will have her vast financial empire to oversee.

And she'll also be performing many philanthropic works on her way to a Nobel prize.

She has her priorities in order, just as many of the Wie Warriors have insisted all along.

You guys will just have to be patient.

What was the year she was supposed to really blossom? 25 or 27 I believe.
06/30/07 @ 12:16
Comment from: Marc Aiko [Visitor] Email
I love to play and watch golf. Rarely do I root against an individual player, but it certainly is getting easier to root for one rich quitter on the womens tour. Only in America can someone dupe the public like Paris Wie, I mean Michelle Wie. Too bad her sponsers could not have donated a tiny portion of her monies to charity, or even to youth golf organizations that teach the love/pride of the game. Go Lorena, go Annika, go Julie..and Michelle, please do me a fovor and stay off my TV.
06/30/07 @ 12:29
Comment from: 2under [Visitor] Email

I am guessing Ms. Mario is now handing out free copies of her book. She can build up some goodwill for her next masterpiece: "Michelle Wie: The Unravelling of a Media Hype Superstar". It should be a little more accurate than her first work.

Should be pretty compelling. She saw the ending unfold first-hand.
06/30/07 @ 13:25
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
That's right -- I wasn't even thinking about Mario's "book." I wonder what that's selling for on Amazon now.
06/30/07 @ 13:52