« A morning threesome with Michelle Wie and Natalie Gulbis at U.S. Women's Open - Wie stumbles with an 82 2007 U.S. Open venues: I'd rather play Pine Needles than Oakmont »

Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Brandon,
"Bubbles' bubble has burst!"

She shot a brilliant 82 in her penultimat round in the 2007.

She did, however, manage to score one stroke less than at least one other player, none other than Karrie Webb. That should give the Wie-wee's some cause for rationalizing.

Karrie has about 40 LPGA wins and a few more worldwide, so an unusually poor round can be expected occasionally, even from a proven winner.

What's Bubbles' excuse this time?
06/28/07 @ 13:53
Comment from: Oui Oui Oui [Visitor] Email
The Wie watch now is:

Will she WD or MC?
06/28/07 @ 14:30
Comment from: M Wie [Visitor]
I think, um, like, it was really fun today. I am like really close and I um, think I could have like shot 62, like, um with a little luck. The course is like, not really hard for, um, me. I was just, um, unlucky. I can't wait, um, like to get home, so I can, um, look for my exemption to um, the British Open. That will be like so cool. I can defintiely like beat Tiger and the men. The women's tour is boring and um, like, no challenge for me.
06/28/07 @ 14:53
Comment from: Oui Oui Oui [Visitor] Email
Wie is moving up the leaderboard without playing because others are falling down the leaderboard.
06/28/07 @ 15:47
Comment from: aunt bea [Visitor] Email
Yes. Wie moved all the way from 2nd worst to 3rd worst, after one player hit a septuple bogie. You go Wie! Pretty soon she'll crack the top 10!
06/28/07 @ 16:11
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
I have a certain theory as to why Bubbles has settled into a routine of shooting in the 80's.

If her elocution, or rather lack thereof is any indication, perhaps scoring in the low 80's matches her IQ.
06/28/07 @ 17:51
Comment from: smudge [Visitor]
Ok I'm a 9 handicap. On a great day I'm shooting 73, 74. But on a bad day I'm shoting 92. When I shoot anything higher than 85 there is no way in the hades that I can honestly say I was a fraction off shooting about the lowest I can go which is 73. I played horribly when shooting the higher number. When is Wie going to get her head out of her behind and just admit she has no game and that she is in need of some rebuilding, or just quitting altogether. It is just amazing that Nike and other sponsors let her be so ridiculous in front of the media. Her game is bad enough, why make it worse with such inane comments. I still have no idea how Stanford accepted her. There is no way she'll graduate from there, will be another WD or MC.
06/28/07 @ 19:02