« Johnny Miller's 'Mickelson at Winged Foot' comparisons to Tiger at Doral is Busch leagueLahinch Golf Club's 6th hole - one of Ireland's finest »

Comment from: Shanks [Member] Email
Niiiiiiiiice trip! Best stuff I've read all Winter long. Thanks.
03/20/07 @ 12:13
Comment from: kevin Murray [Visitor] Email
Brandon, nice summery. I did a 5 day shoot just before Christmas and covered most of the courses you played. Some of the best courses ever. I'm surprised that you didn't mention much about Portstewart. In my mind it has probably the most stunning front 9 you could ever wish to play, the back 9 isn't too shabby either. I'm going to post the shots on my site so that others can see what I'm talking about. Also I found the folks from the North some of the best people you could ever meet.
It's a tough call Ireland over Scotland, it might be a few pints of the black stuff that swings it.
03/20/07 @ 15:45
Comment from: Fred [Visitor] Email
Brandon, could you be interested in adding the courses you like to http://www.gptg.org/ ? I'm looking for the best places in each country ;-)

Fred
03/20/07 @ 16:18
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Kevin,

About Portstewart...I didn't play it! I wanted to, and hear great things, but couldn't squeeze it in, hopefully next trip...
03/20/07 @ 17:29
Comment from: Ronan [Visitor] Email
Cool article, great descriptions. By the way, Bally is an anglicised term for the Gaelic word 'Baile', which means village or town. Ballycastle would be Baile an Chaisle√°in, or Castletown if translated directly from Gaelic!
03/21/07 @ 07:11
Comment from: RonMon [Visitor] Email
"My doctor tells me if I have more than 14 full traditional Irish breakfasts in a row, my arteries will begin to drip sausage fat. So I guess it's finally time to leave Ireland, but not without offering up some "Best Ofs"..."

THEY DID A MOVIE ON THIS...CALLED IT SUPERSIZE ME.

"It also has a motorized raft you take over a river to get to the island green. I felt like Huck Finn for 20 seconds."

20 SECONDS EACH WAY...EACH TIME?

"When I met and passed through is group a few holes later, he in fact only had one arm, and from what I could tell, was keeping pretty good pace with his group. Unbelievable."

EVER HEARD OF JACK NEWTON? LOST A PLAYOFF TO WATSON AT THE BRITISH OPEN IN THE MID-1970S, THEN LOST HIS RIGHT ARM AND EYE TO A PLANE PROP SOON AFTER.
03/24/07 @ 13:17
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Ron Mon,

You're comparing mass-processed fast food to homemade traditional breakfasts made by tiny B&B's? I wouldn't bring that up next time you're over there.
03/24/07 @ 14:41
Comment from: Maitiu [Visitor] Email
"Bally" is an English version of the Gaelic word "Baile" - ( (pron.: Boll-yah) or town.

Ballyliffin becomes Liffin Town .

Good article, but you neglected so many other coursees in other regions around our beautiful country. Ac ountry wide "Top Ten" would make different reding.

But you'll always be welcome. ;-))

Maitiu (Gaelic "Matthew" pron. same way
04/26/07 @ 04:47
Comment from: Carla [Visitor] Email
Can you recommend any Irish Golf Tour operators for SW Ireland?
01/08/08 @ 10:17
Comment from: John [Visitor]
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the 3rd at Mount Juliet - I think it is one of the hardest par 3's I've played. I'm a 16 handicapper but 2 out of 3 times I'm intimidated by the water and drop my ball in the lake.
05/02/08 @ 04:51
Pictures of a Golf Courses bring the memories of games back...

Hey, why sheep!? :)

Here is another noce cllection, some from brochures but quite some original photos as well:

Ivan
07/23/08 @ 08:02
Comment from: Fergal Holland [Visitor] Email
I have to say that Portrush is my favorite gold course in Ireland. Not to mention the amusements at Barrys close by!
05/31/09 @ 06:14
Comment from: Golf in Ireland [Visitor]
*****
These pictures are awesome. Every golfer wants to be the champion in golf courses. Ireland is the best place for the golfers to play golf in courses. here are some pictures of the golf courses http://www.gfsireland.com/sample-page/golf-courses/

Thanks for sharing this nice and valuable post hope to see the next update soon.
01/11/12 @ 21:51