« NHL Goalie DiPietro signs 15-year deal, I'm glad golf doesn't have contractsProof money can't buy brains »

Comment from: Billy [Visitor]
Unfortunately, the only way I could witness the FSU comeback over Troy was via ESPN's "Gamecast" Flash window.
I don't know what is more frusterating, waiting for my screen to refresh for what seems like an eternity to finally see that Booker has again rushed for zero yards, or just waiting to see the 30 clip later that night on SportsCenter. I think the internet has become the perfect "GOTCHA" for an addict, no matter what the vice.
If you find yourself watching sports on Gamecast, playing Texas Hold 'Em on PokerStars, or spitting game on Adult Friend Finder, you are in the advanced stages of an addiction.
Kicking an online paper football thru the uprights to get $50 off your next Orbits flight is still cool though.
09/11/06 @ 04:48
Comment from: Shanks [Member] Email
So, let me get this straight. Regardless that tiger is good friends with Federer, if you are from the USA, you MUST root for an American in every sporting event. Damn. Guess I can't root for Ernie Els to win the Masters anymore.
09/11/06 @ 08:16
Comment from: tommy [Visitor]
can anyone tell me how did michelle wie played this weekend? i can't seem to find her scores in the paper today.
09/11/06 @ 11:11
Comment from: Vena Mapu Finau [Visitor]
I don't know where you get your info from but Gipper Finau never dropped out of school. He and his brother, Tony were home schooled by me last year (only the 2nd semester). They are full-time students this year. Thanks for your interest in my sons.
09/11/06 @ 12:15
Comment from: John [Visitor]
Shanks, you've got it all wrong. Nobody is saying that Tiger "can't" root for a foreigner, Brandon is just saying that supporting a European to beat Roddick in the U.S. Open (I repeat, U.S. Open) probably isn't a great P.R. move.
P.S. Tiger and Roger met for the first time that day, I wouldn't exactly call them good friends
09/11/06 @ 15:20
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
What does it say about Roger's social skills that he's giving his box seat to a guy and his wife he just met? Doesn't he have any good buddies he wants to hook up with primo seats from back home?

I guess that's what it takes to be dominant, but hitting up a meet 'n greet or wine and cheese function once in awhile wouldn't hurt Roger.

09/11/06 @ 15:25
Comment from: Shanks [Member] Email
Right after I wrote that I read elsewhere that Tiger just met Federer and all they share to date is the same business agent. Man, do I feel dumb.

Maybe Elin just wanted to root for her Swedish countryman. Gotta keep her happy. Anyway, I'm sure that more than one Scot rooted for Tiger to whip Monty's backside in the Open Championship at St. Andrews in 2005.
09/11/06 @ 16:05
Comment from: Merrin [Visitor]
'The Marlins are last in the majors with a salary of $14 million (Tampa Bay is 2nd to last with $35 million). It's too bad the people of Miami could seemingly care less. The Marlins struggle to fill their stadium half way'

Maybe the fact that the owner operates the team on a shoestring budget, blows up the team after they win a championship like a reflex, and basically plays for fielding winning teams once every 5 years, when the rooks matures, has a reason to do with why the fanbase cant seem get ATTACHED to the new Marlins. I mean, there's a fire sale as soon as the players get good. why would u support an owner that isnt supporting you? Im sure he gets revenue sharing, put the mone BACK into the team.
09/11/06 @ 17:45
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Merrin,

Tough to establish fan loyalty, I agree. I'm also glad the Tigers got 'Pudge' from Florida. He's awesome.

However...there's a lot of franchises doing things the "right" way and haven't won anything in 40 years.

Florida's won it all twice in six years. Ask Philly if they'd trade any of their sports teams for the shot at winning a championship within that time. They're a rabid sports town that have won jack recently. Sports in Miami, like L.A. seems to be more of a fashion statement than passion for the game.

09/11/06 @ 21:52
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Shanks --

Federer is Swiss, not Swedish. I suppose they all look the same to you...
09/11/06 @ 22:09
Comment from: Ghet Rheel [Visitor]
Brandon

Does it come as news to you that hundreds of elite young athletes are occasionally home-schooled or tutored? Are you really that out of touch with elite junior athletics?
09/11/06 @ 23:19
Comment from: Shanks [Member] Email
Doh! Batting 1.000, aren't I?
09/12/06 @ 07:51
Comment from: TONGAN [Visitor] Email
Thats f***** up!!!!What yaw wrote about
Tony and Gipper why dont yo a$$ go to skoo and check that sh*** out yah low life b****!!
F%^& what it cost ni**** I'm a poly!!!hahahah
and Yeah I aint dropped out yet because we aint all dah same!!F*** yah b****!!GHOST
09/25/06 @ 16:07