« Play with the PGA pros including Mickelson at Treetops' Par 3 Shootout! "Playable for all skill levels" is golf course marketing gone genaric »

Comment from: Alice [Visitor]
Wie is no doubt fabulous. Her performance can catch anyone's attention. Lets wait for the time when she would be playing against these boys.
06/12/06 @ 02:16
Comment from: Kimo [Visitor]
You wrote "...And I'm still not sure whether to be impressed or not with Michelle Wie's good, but not winning finishes at her youth..."

Do you remember that other kid--the guy--who sprayed his tee shots all over the place at the most inopportune times and could not sink a three-footer when it counted?

I can remember yelling at the TV, "You're seeing breaks that aren't there!" or "The breaks aren't that big!" or "For crying out loud, groove your swing!"

I found myself yelling at the TV at today's kid--only its a young girl.

I was impressed with the other kid--the guy--because he used to win.

I'm impressed with today's kid--the young girl--because she can do so many "awesome" things with her golf clubs. I just wish she could avoid the inopportune "oops!"
06/12/06 @ 03:44
Comment from: Marlene [Visitor]
Americans sure love phenoms. Or is it American advertisers who love them?
06/12/06 @ 11:54
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Well, as for me, I'm not the least bit interested in women's sports. Sport originated as a metaphor for war and, as such, is a characteristically male endeavors. So, sorry, I'm just not interested in seeing women on the playing field; I want to see men mano a mano.

By the way, to the average person, Karrie Webb and Se Ri Pak are no-names.
06/12/06 @ 11:57
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
Nicklaus finished second in 19 majors.
In other words, if she ends up winning a bunch in the 30-odd years she's got left to play, all these near misses won't mean squat. Of course if she doesn't, they won't really mean squat either.
06/12/06 @ 11:59
Comment from: David [Visitor]
Kimo, are you referring to Sergio Garcia?
06/12/06 @ 13:49
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
For someone who is not interested in women's sports, Judge Smails seems to be a very active posting in blogs on the subject.
06/13/06 @ 08:30