« I didn't watch one shot of the U.S. Open. . .compulsive club-buying is our gain »

Comment from: Jennifer Mario [Member] Email
Yeah, when I went to the Bahamas last year, the cab driver who took us from the airport to the hotel had a DVD player mounted to his dash. I figured it was for passengers, but no, he watched it the whole time--one eye on traffic, the other on the movie. Scary.
06/01/05 @ 19:42
Comment from: Charlie Fab [Visitor]
Yeah, it is about time someone started teling the truth about the Caribbean, especially the Bahamas.

It all it's cracked up to be, that's for sure.

Read the news on BahamasB2B to get a better understanding of how dangerous the place really is.
06/07/05 @ 19:08
Comment from: gary slatter [Visitor]
Having read all of the "blogs" at this site I only wish I could print them on toilet paper to get some use from them. None of you has the pulse of golfers or people who watch golfers.
07/01/05 @ 15:33
Comment from: Cj Matt [Visitor]
another interesting, but slightly off the mark blog. The fact is, no matter where you vacation there are scams, weird laws, crazy cabbies and hotel employees who know where your money is.

The fact is, you don't have to travel far to find this out. Memphis, Honolulu, Orlando, Chicago. Our own backyard is full of the con, grifter, sleaze that is also found in the caribbean.

Wise is as wise does. Being prepared means being aware.

Cj
07/05/05 @ 14:19
Comment from: JB [Visitor]
CJ, I lived in Chicago for two years and I never had a cabbie that drank beer on the job or watched a movie while he was driving.
07/18/05 @ 23:23
Comment from: Craig [Visitor]
What do you people expect? Most of those countries are dirt poor. Well off Americans come in and expect to be treated like a King. Its really an insult for a lot of those people who have to watch snobbish Americans day in and day out. Next time leave a better tip and look at and not down on those who are less fortunate.
08/07/05 @ 02:21
Comment from: John Reed [Visitor]
It's been a long time since I so enjoyed reading posts in the net. Two thumbs up!
08/14/05 @ 22:32
Comment from: Mary M. Chapman [Visitor] Email
I am a writer doing a piece for the New York Times on U.S. cabbies who watch DVDs in their taxis! (Please feel free to google Mary M. Chapman). Would love to hear from anyone wh has had this experience.
Please contact me at mmchap622@aol.com, or phone 313-963-9863.

Thanks!! Mary